Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sticky lifters or whatnot? SEAFOAM!!

OKAY FOLKS, QUICK ONE HERE. if youve got stickey lifters or any other head noise, or you just want to clean the motor out - oil passages, galleys, feeder tubes, etc. - throw some SEAFOAM in there. you can get it at schucks or equivalent. pour half the can down into the oil/block and pour the other half into the carb/throttle body. if youve got a carb, follow the directions. if youve got a SPFI, take the large vacuum line off the back side of the rubber intake and tilt the hose up so you can pour the other half into the throttle body (you do this cause if you take the large rubber intake off the throttle body the 'gine will quit). take your air filter out too cause i little will go back and might get onto it.

i picked up another motor to replace the seized one for the battle wagon and the thing had been sitting for XX amount of time so the thing had a nasty lifter rattle. you couldnt even hear the sterio over it. threw some seafoam in there and she purrrrrrrrrrs. no probs. worked miracles. dont forget to follow the directions. hope this helps someone.

If you can't get SeaFoam in your region (not available here - or at least I haven't found it) Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) works wonders too - have used it for many years on many cars to fix a variety of probs, and has worked well - just don't put more than the recommended amount in your gas tank or you will regret it

I tried Sea-Foam yesterday for the first time in my carb'd wagon with crappy idle, ticky valves and just crappy gas mileage.

Seriously, I've never been so amazed... The car is soooooo quiet now, no ticky valves, it idles PERFECT and I'm filling 'er up today so I'll see how it does on gas mileage before and after.

I'm going to start a website..... WWW.SEAFOAMKICKSA$$.COM

Where is this stuff available??

I live in Washington and neither the local Schucks or Pep Boys carried it, not that I found anyway.....

Where can I pick some up.......I have heard nothing but good about it and would love to try it.

napa carries it also...

Some rural small Napa stores do NOT carry it. However it maybe found at a tiny rural parts house in Central Oregon known to be run by "two bald guys and a dog", as described in the "Bend" Yellow pages.

Of course this helps no one, but may be found amusing by some one. Or not.

PYro

Where is this stuff available??

I live in Washington and neither the local Schucks or Pep Boys carried it, not that I found anyway.....

Where can I pick some up.......I have heard nothing but good about it and would love to try it.

ALL the schucks carries it (at one time or another, iive been to every one in the surrounding 20KM around bothell), bigger NAPA's - not the little private guys, autozone, B&B, GIJoes, action auto.

got mine at autozone, made my engine run a little smoother but didnt do a damn thing for my TOD,

after i put it in i let it sit for a little like it says i let it idle for about 20 mins till the smoke cloud stopped and shut it off, then when i drove off in it about an hour later it looked like the car was on fire for the first 2 miles, is that normal???

after i put it in i let it sit for a little like it says i let it idle for about 20 mins till the smoke cloud stopped and shut it off, then when i drove off in it about an hour later it looked like the car was on fire for the first 2 miles, is that normal???

yes, that is normal for MMO and I assume Seafoam - I have a good friend that is a petroleum expert, and he indicated to me that both are very similar compounds chemically speaking - mine usually does not do that unless it has REALLY been gunked up for some reason