Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RAIN OR SHINE!!!!!! my blow out for 70's and 80's UPDATE 4/21/05 !!

when you tall me that its in good mechanical condition and instead, its unsafe to even drive around the block, i think there will be issues. the shifter was so so sloppy that i couldnt even get it into third, and he says thats my fault?!? i dont know what cars he's been driving around, but ive never seen a mid 80's suby that was so sloppy that it felt like it was falling apart. and for the record, i can drive a stick and have been doing so for years.

if you expect a 1986 Brat with 167k or whatever on it to shift like a miata then you are really grasping at straws. I have NEVER owned an EA-81 that didn't have a rubbery shifter. Granted there are a few folks on here that can correct this issue but.... I guess it doesn't matter anyhow. Right? I have seen the posts about the thing being a POS. Well buddy let me tell you...he was giving you a hell of a steal on the thing. You must not look on ebay much do you.

Matt

my 84 brat with 192,000mi shifts just fine+ mine has no rust and got it very cheap + spare parts to boot

That's just wonderful.Jim,keep out of this,please.I don't have any parts you wanted too,sorry.

Here's the deal.

I drove it up there that night,just before he and his posse got there.It ran just as fine as when I drove it upstate and back to pick up my plow,about a 190 mile trip.So,even with weight in it it was fine.Sure there's rust.I never said anything about it being rustfree,underside,or anywhere.I told him about the rear wheel wells having been cut out and ready for new metal,etc. I even included a second rear crossmember....as well as a ton of extra parts.....I lowered the price too.

I asked those in attendance to inspect it and let me know what they thought the best price was for it.They all said at least $700,and most of them said even more.I was the one who,again,trying to be the good guy,said "I'll let him take it for the lowest price everyone tossed out" ($700)

This is the last I want to hear of this,got it????

This is my post about moving out and getting rid of items for FREE.

My issues with Tim are settled.To hear anymore crap after this is just stupid small talk.

One more thing.Tim drove 7 1/2 hours because he screwed up.He's only 4 1/2 hours away.My friends (both attorneys) live in his town so I know how long it takes when you go about it properly....as in,take a map with you if you aren't sure where you're going.

Look,I just don't need anymore troubles with the Brat or waste any more time on this.

I've treated everyone as best as I can and if you don't like something about me or associated with me that's just too bad.I'll send you a box of tissues to cry in.

Cheers or go ************ yourself.

Getting back to the post.......the place is getting nicely emptied.The storage hole is filling in well.

I owe a ton of thanks to Connie and her boyfriend Tom,as well as many thanks to Matt and his wife and Dave,Melissa,Scott,and some local friends.

It's after 2AM and I'm just getting back.It's going to be a fun week,for sure.Vampires,come join me.

Anyone who wants to come up next Saturday,April 30th will be treated to plenty of space.I'm going to try to borrow a gas grill and cook some good eats for the gang.At the least,I'll get some pizzas or sushi or something....:)

• 2 months later...

Hey paul, i figured i'd read up on the trials and tribulations (sp?) of this brat, sure did cause quite the stir, hard to believe. Anyway, its home here in NH , no problems, and lots of interesting looks on the ride. Now, where the heck am i supposed to put it??? the ride home had many thoughts of what to start with, but I need to clear out some room to put it in the garage soon. anyway, talk to you later

Mike.

thanks again, Paul

Hey paul, i figured i'd read up on the trials and tribulations (sp?) of this brat, sure did cause quite the stir, hard to believe.

:lol:

Well,what can I say?I'm sure you're happy,and that's what counts.:) No offense to the previous parties that were interested,but it sure was nice to deal with someone already familiar with Brats and not expecting it to be anything better than an East Coast Brat.

I'm VERY glad it went to a good home!