Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my car got broken into

Someone ( I know who, but have to catch them) broke into my car last night and stole my stereo "system"

Missing: Kickers amps, and my sub, plus one destroyed Eclipse head unit, and dash.

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

I have more stuff I am going to put in and catch them.

Damn amatuers wrecked your stuff man. I'm sorry. I got hit once but they slim jimmed me and took my deck and all my discs. It was clean.. Will your insurance cover any of that damage or is it just not worth paying the deductible?

I dont know yet. I have a $500 deductable, and the cost of the damage is around 2G. So well see.

I think everyone will agree with me on this one....APARTMENTS SUCK!

It seems like whenever you live in apartments, wherever it is...Your car gets broken into.

Sorry man, that sucks

That's funny... I've been living in apartments for the last 2 years and haven't had a problem. Half the time I forget to lock my ride. When I got busted into I was out hiking. In hawaii. I do so hate apartment living though and can't wait to get my own house.

my sterio got stolen out of my brumby. atleast i got the "pro" theives so they didnot do any damage to the lock e.g. coat hangered the door. All though they did completely destoy my centre console, where the radio sits. This was cheap cd changer and wouldnot hold radio preset or remember what track you were on unless you wanted your battery drained in a night. I just hope the drug dealer they hocked it too gives them a beating for supplying faulty merchandise:rolleyes:.

ahhh, that just sucks!

Not to change the subject, but where'd ya get that floor mat for the back cargo area???? I want one!!!

It is a stock Outback floor mat. Fits perfectly into a gl wagon. Any dealer can get you one for about $30.

I just got off of the phone with my Ins, and they arent going to do a darn thing. Our Justice system is weak, the police dont even care.

Like I posted in another thread: Make fliers and describe in detail everything that was taken. List model and serial numbers (if you have them) and post the fliers at every pawnshop and car audio store around. Make those items WORTHLESS.

That's how I found one of my guitars that was stolen years ago. I printed fliers and distributed them. I got a call from a music store aver 100 miles away that had it! The police didn't do a damn thing before I found it.

Most importantly: Don't leave anything of value in plain sight! Only use detachable-face dash units and take the face WITH YOU when you leave. Do things like mount the amp in the storage area and hide the wires. Throw an old ratty cardboard box over your subwoofer. Don't drive into your complex jamming loudly....that makes you a sure target.

We already have an advantage driving older imports that don't look like they would have alot of expensive gear in them. Confirm this when they look inside and see nothing.....move along to the next car.

Most importantly: If you see someone breaking into your car or someone else's....shoot em in the face so they can see it coming.:headbang:

I just got back from hanging out with my friends for about and hour or two, I got a ride back to my car to find the door open!! I checked around to make sure everything was still in there, which it was. My car was in Mcdonalds parking lot for 1-2 hours with the door wide open at midnight and it didn't even look like someone had as mush as peeked inside. Gotta love Maine . . . .

It must suck having your car broken into and wrecked, I would hate to live in a place where I always have to worry about the stuff in my car. Hope you get that damage fixed and you catch the guy who did it!!!

our 01 leg got broken into about 6 months ago... the guy was a complete drugy too... this was in downtown vancouver by the way... a good car theif there can have your alarm system disabled and be ready to drive away in about 8 seconds! thats why we got bate cars... but thats not the point i just thought it was interesting/scary...

but ya... the guy smashed the passenger window and got our digi cam(which we forgot we even had in the car and about a month later tried to find it then realized "hey... it was in the car!" and a walki-talki(sp?)...

my dad caught him halfway through and yelled at him... he ran off... my dad didn't want to persue in fear of him carrying a weapon which he must have had because he smashed the window...( i don't car how many times you've seen terminator the window is going to break you before you break it with your elbow/fist/foot...:rolleyes: )

i don't know why he bothered... the cam and the walki were i in the center consol and there is no stereo in the car... unfortunatly the alarm was already disabled... it was acting up and going off at random so we turned it off...

the window has never sat right in door seal since... it whistles at high speeds!

but ya thats my story... i hope you catch the guy!

I hope you find those responsible. They sure did make a mess.

When my car got broken into last year (2k+ worth gone), the cops had footage of the guy doing a previous break in, knew what he drove, where he lived, and knew that he went around national park carparks breaking in to cars. Still, they did next to nothing.....GGrrrrrrrrr.

I would love to go back there and catch them....

i live in an apartment complex that might as well be called "little mexico", no offense to our spanish, or latin, or puerto rican bros here, but DAMN CIRCUS MUSIC!!! i have really dark tint on my 98' legacy, its hard to see in at night. but i saw some guys snoopin in one night, thats what a shotguns for................hate to see a F-d up dash man. hope your insurance company doesnt total your car for that.

~Josh~

Get the SOB do his knees in then get his pelvise with a coal chisel and last take of his fingers and mince them. Theives are the scum of the earth they deserve everything they get. i have been lucky not to have had my Brumby broken into (except when i do it myself coz i locked my keys in:banghead: )

I feel real sorry for ya hope you get your stuff back

seeing ther top of the trim is missing they may have just pulled the window far enough back to reach in. i have done this to break into my own cars, so if they were smart enough to realize this that is how they got in. were ALL the doors unlocked? better that than a broken window

sux they took your stuff, whoever did it either had to know about the equip, that or some visitors were around though they would "go shopping" car stereo punks probably riding stolen bicycles.

at least they didnt get the stereo itself, if i remember right that was mp3?

dam columbus is going insane. forst johns car gets backed into and now your radio. DAMMIT

I had my car cleaned out back in 01, stupid cop that came out touched everything "Oh you can't get prints off this", Dad saw a big arse Toyota in front of my house one day when he came home early from work, after the break in happened, and when he came up the hill they bolted, got the plate number, called the cops, reported that to them, plus the fact that whenever I saw him in traffic he would bolt, but they did nothing.

As for the circus music, when I was in community college back home in Oregon we had a rash of break ins in the parking lot, well one day my friend Jared went out ot his truck to get something, and on his way back he sees two Mexicans poking around this truck, and he asked them if they needed help and the one said "Oh I locked my keys in my truck" and he said "That's real funny cuz THAT IS MY FRIENDS TRUCK and they both jumped into a beat-up Prelude and bolted. If I had been out there him and I woulda hopped in my car and chased 'em down but he just had his Bronco with a 302 that ran like crap so he couldnt' chase them. But the break ins stopped so I guess that close call scared 'em off.

And you say you know who did it, well if the cops won't do anything, go either collect some evidence, or beat the %*%* out of them and take your crap back!

, stupid cop that came out touched everything "Oh you can't get prints off this",

That's what the Deputy told me when my guitar was stolen out of my house years ago. "We can't get any prints from that door knob". BS! If there was a dead body in there, they would not only get prints, they would find a pube that fell off the criminal during the crime. Bottom line: they really don't care.

If I had caught the POS in the act, there would have been a body there. "Mr. D, why did you shoot the thief 750 times?" "I ran out of bullets!":drunk: