Ultimate Subaru Message Board

blasphemy? lowriding a suby? anyone?

Anyone seen or heard of anyone lowriding a subaru? I dont mean to offend anyone.....plan on offroading an 87 suby wagon soon but was curious if the opposite has been done? My main problem is im a poor college student working at a cafe doing a job I hate to get by :( ....dont have alot of money to spare, have saved up enough for a few things but was thinking....it would just be a whole lot cheaper to find some airbags or hydralics kit and lowride it, put on a nice custom paintjob at school, redo the interior myself, clean it up real nice, powdercoat a set of pugs..............not to shabby and would probably take me a fraction of the time to finish and feel good and happy when im rolling around. any comments?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda lowered my RX.

Here's some pix of the car after I installed some front struts from a 2WD XT:

STA50030.sized.jpg

STA50035.sized.jpg

Now it has a rake to it, and I havent done anything to the rear. You can see some damage to the tire from the fender rubbing in that 2nd pic, and I have since changed to 13" alloys to solve all the rubbing.

-Brian

subystyle? couldn't find that name on the members list, any idea how to get in contact with them? Nice RX, I desperately need to change the rear struts in my loyale, if I have more than one person in the back my tires smack the wheelwells every little bump....so nervewracking.

I just lowered my RX another inch in the rear and got Ecstas mounted on steel wheels for autocrossing . I'm trying to get the roll center low enough where it won't jack the rear up in the air during heavy trail braking( Rotation, rotation). I may be able to snap some current pictures if anyone cares.

Jay

I want to lower my brumby, stick some 17"s on it and get a custom bodykit made up for it that i saw on a WRX. do a ej25 turbo swap etc etc.. i could go on for hours. But then i want to build a second one taking after subaru brats, brat. 12" lift etc etc then i can have the best of both worlds of subaru!!:drunk::lol:

I've always had the quandry in my head.

"To lift or to lower, that is the question."

My L series touring wagon has seen both. currently working on dumping it, as I now have the EA 82T conversion complete, and plenty of good roads to chase rex's. And rear wheel drive just to keep it interesting.

theres a few lowered old school subs around the board that I can see so far

So XT struts are the go?

hey superdave ,that car is lookin sharp! I like the cold air intake, I did something very similar. I have a question about spider intake on ea82, I see in the cold air intake pictures, the regular heads you would find on an ea82 (along with the dreaded EGR<-it got personal). Did you do anything else for that 4-tubed intake to mount?

styles...ready for some n00b questions? so you swapped all 4 of the original struts for an RX's? How much of a difference in height did that bring? How does it handle speed bumps and potholes? What all did you have to do to convert it to 5 lug and how would you reccomend getting the supplies to do it and about how much will it cost? More questions to come...sorry to bug you.

....was paying attention to the taillights of other vehicles on the way to san antonio and got to thinking.....anyone ever thing about molding another vehicles tail lights to their subie? saw some 93ish jeep taillights that looked fairly close in size...really like the look of the new trail blazer taillights...look smoked but still legal...like the subie lights well enough but shooting to stand out from the pack right?