Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've always wanted a woody (no snickers!!), but I have top admit it looks weird on a Forester. Maybe there would be a way to do and make it look cool. The paint should definately be something other than brown.

Hey I like that. I always liked the old woody wagons, and I think the forester looks pretty good as one. Way better than silver or tan that most cars nowdays come in. Bleah. I do think that dark blue or red would better than brown. I especially like the big chrome hubcaps -- maybe it's just me, but alloy wheels never did it for me.

Some funny comments on this thread! :lol::banana: IMO it looks so bad it's almost cool.

Obviously inspired by the success of the PT cruiser and the release of the HHR, Subaru unfortunately is once again following rather than leading.

Honestly I was waiting for GM to stick a miniature Hummer body over the top of the Forester and call the H4 (get it?).

:lol: Got it. Good one blitz. And I wouldn't have put it past GM either!
I'll tell ya ...the Impreza II platform's proven itself to be durable and versatile, so it really wouldnt've been THAT far-fetched to actually pull it off.

It would've been a logical extension of the US auto industry's perverse business-model of making trucks more "car-like". :rolleyes: (at this point my foregone conclusion is that the Koreans will have a runaway hit with the radical idea of building trucks which are more "truck-like".)

• 2 months later...

That is great! It looks awesome! Kind of like the old gen 1 and 2 wagons with the wood kits. I guess the similarity is only in the wood though since this forester, like all of them (in the states) has plastic bumpers and no dual range, but the appearance is stellar.

The paint is actually red, not brown. If you do a google search for foreseter woody you will find more pics from the Chicago auto show in 99. One of them has it displayed with a gen 1 wagon in the background.