Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Picked up my 15" pugs and some nasty lugs (watchout 56k)

Alright, so I just picked up my set of 15" alloys. They were $120 for the set of four, all have decent rubber on them but 3 different kinds of tires so they are of no use to me.

Anyways, the wheels look awesome!!

dscn05255kx.jpg

Along with the wheels I got the 16 special lugs but they are in differing degrees of nasty-ness. I have about 8 lugs that are in nice condition and are good enough to use. The others are pretty rusty and I don't know if I should use them for now or try to find some others. Here's acouple of em:

dscn05275tt.jpg

dscn05288yg.jpg

And this little bugger seems to be a shorter version of the rest. Anyone know if is alright to use if it fits? It is pretty nasty though . . .

dscn05331ys.jpg

you could probably go to the local parts store and pickup decent lugs for not much

I am pretty sure that most stores won't carry any lugs even close to what I need to use on 'em. I'll double check though. I did have a thread going a short time ago about some lugs I had found at on online store that I thought would work with alloys. I found out they do work with the 14" alloys, but not the 15" alloys. Oh well, the seach continues.

And, I just found out that the shortest lug in those pictures is actually the stock Pug lug. I have no clue where the longer ones came from, but it is wierd that they're longer. Everyone else I have talked to says they have the shorted of the Pug lugs, wierd . . .

That's crazy, I just bought some of those 15"s on eBay from a guy in Maine for ~$120. I can't wait to get them and use them w/ summer tires! The lugs that I'm getting w/ the wheels sound like they are in poor condition as well.

We need someone to manufacture a run of these lug nuts - it seems like a bunch of people are in need of them.

Go down to your local tyre/wheel shop and show them what you want then get them to order a set of new wheels lugs. Im sure that if I went into a local shop I could get something like them. (I am In Australia also). If you get stuck let me know and I will see what I can do for you down this way.

Thanks Wombat, I'll take a ride down to the local shop this weekend and see what they have.

Anyways, I went to go try out the new "shoes" today. I got the first stock wheel off no problem, put the Pug on no problem. Came to the rear right wheel, jacked it, took off lugs etc. etc. but the stupid wheel was still firmly attached (from rust I would imagine). I even went as far as easing the car down off the jack with no lugs on the rear wheel and it still didnt pop off. I am at a loss as to how to get it off but I am sure that it is probably a common problem and someone has a simple solution.

I guess I could goto the yard and pull all the lugs off the pugs there, i think there are like 2 or 3 sets.

Ya, I actually just PM'ed acouple people to see if they could score some lugs. Thanks for the offer though. I'll pm you if all the others fall through.

Anyways, I went to go try out the new "shoes" today. I got the first stock wheel off no problem, put the Pug on no problem. Came to the rear right wheel, jacked it, took off lugs etc. etc. but the stupid wheel was still firmly attached (from rust I would imagine). I even went as far as easing the car down off the jack with no lugs on the rear wheel and it still didnt pop off. I am at a loss as to how to get it off but I am sure that it is probably a common problem and someone has a simple solution.

Anyone have any ideas about that?

I'm still actively searching for some extra lugs. If I can't find any I guess I'll have to clean those ones up. Actually, now that I look at them, some are nasty but most just have bad surface rust. Oh well, we'll see how they do once they are cleaned up.

Here's a pic if the new wheels:

dscn05384sq.jpg

I need to pump that bad boy up!

dscn05364xu.jpg

Wow, I really need to get rid of those reflective decals, they show up in ALL of my pictures!!

I'm still actively searching for some extra lugs. If I can't find any I guess I'll have to clean those ones up. Actually, now that I look at them, some are nasty but most just have bad surface rust. Oh well, we'll see how they do once they are cleaned up.

Here's a pic if the new wheels:

dscn05384sq.jpg

I need to pump that bad boy up!

dscn05364xu.jpg

Wow, I really need to get rid of those reflective decals, they show up in ALL of my pictures!!

You just got me super stoked on my alloys that are coming! :headbang: I think this style peugeot alloys is my favorite.

looks good but you need some more BEEF on those wheels, and a lift:D seriously, they look good tho

I was considaring a lift, but I'm not sure I want to put that much money into it when it will probably rust away in a couple of years. Also, I don't rrreeaaallllyyy need one, it would be nice to have a lifted wagon but not really need and I don't have d/r 4wd so it would kinda be pointless.

About those tires, they are pretty sad right now but I'm going to hopefully get some nice snow tires soonish.