Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Old 4 lug VW rims on subes

... Addin´ to This, if you look Close to the New Impreza in the Rallys, it got a Four Lug Pattern too close to Subies, but just that... "Close" but wont Work.

Only Peugeot did same pattern Rims, I used to have a Nice Peugeot´s on my White EA82 Wagon, they was 13" as Subie´s, then one hit an Enormous Open Hole in el Salvador Roads, it broke along with the Shock Absorber... and I only obtained another Peugeot Rim, but was 14" Instead... That´s why I decide to change the pattern on both my Subies.

Is easy to change it to six lugs... (If only I knew it Before :-\ ... ) But I did mines in four Lugs, 3½ Inches, instead of the 4 inches of the Subie. Now I use on both my Subies, 13" Chromed rims, not Off Road but looks Nice! :burnout:

Good Luck! :)

Old VW bug wheels were huge, must of been going on 4x200... New 4 stud VW are 4x100. 6 stud jap 4x4 wheels are 6x139.7 and the two studs that line up work ok, but you can see that it isn't quite perfect, the nuts only just go into the countersunk bits.

I say anything more then .5mm off and it wouln't work very good at all.

So hard to find good-cheap wheels. Almost better off doing hub conversions... either 6 stud, 4x100, or totally changing the hub.

Old 4-lug VW are 130mm. I pondered that one might be able to oval aluminum wheels 5mm out on each hole for a fit to 140mm - but those wheels are pricey (even used) and you need to be accurate to keep centered. Close but no cigar. r/PK

Old 4-lug VW are 130mm. I pondered that one might be able to oval aluminum wheels 5mm out on each hole for a fit to 140mm - but those wheels are pricey (even used) and you need to be accurate to keep centered. Close but no cigar. r/PK

That make more sense then 100mm. i was sure it was a wide pattern close to the subes. Theoretically a machine shop could elongate the holes and countersinks the extra 5mm.

Wayne

That make more sense then 100mm. i was sure it was a wide pattern close to the subes. Theoretically a machine shop could elongate the holes and countersinks the extra 5mm.

Wayne

yep, 80s and early 90s jettas, golfs, rabbits, foxs, etc. had 4x100

but older ones, like the beetle, karmann ghia, thing, vanagon, etc. had 4x130

I tried some wheels off of a buddy's porsche 914 (essentially a beetle with a different body) that he was parting out. and it's quite close, but you would need to modify them to get them to fit, and they don't fit on the hub, so you've got nothing to make sure you've got it centered.

• 2 weeks later...