Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Something I did NOT need to know

Huzzah, i'm glad i bought a car from a company with progressive ideas.

There's a lot worse groups to be targeting for advertisements, Hezbollah, NRA, NAMBLA

Thats sure something we DON'T need.

I dislike marketing ploys though. I feel I'd buy a car for its features styling etc, not just because it was marketed towards me.

Thats sure something we DON'T need.

I dislike marketing ploys though. I feel I'd buy a car for its features styling etc, not just because it was marketed towards me.

your a lesbian :confused:

Well i hate to tell you, every single product that you have bought since you got your first penny has been marketed towards you. And before then it was marketed at your parents for you.

You cant escape it...

nipper

Came back for an update....why? Thanks for all the mental imagery folks. I'm gonna be digging at my mind's eye for weeks now.

Sheltered? I don't know how one who's lived here all their life couldn't be. At least the part of WV I'm from. My closest neighbors are cows...:lol: But it's beautiful...until your down-wind of the cow field, that is.

Locals: *What's a Suubaaruu??* For that matter...*What's a transexual? Don't you mean transmission? No, I mean transexual. Well what do you have, automatic or manual?*:lol: Thanks for the bad joke.:rolleyes: Now I'm gonna think of it every time I get in the car...

Aww.... c'mon, it's not all that bad. I'd still want to drive around in a "Lezbaru" (heck, I like women too! Can't say I blame 'em, myself...) a lot more than I'd want to drive around in a "why don't you just dump your gas tank on the ground" Hummer.

Now, that said, where'd I leave my camcorder... ;o)

It's quite common to see the "bull dyke" driving them up here in the hills of VT as well. They either have no hair or they have a mullet and they're pimping around in the wagons. Don't really see them in the sedans so much.

A much newer trend comes to mind though. That is, old ladies driving around in brand new WRX wagons. It's crazy, they're everywhere.

I wonder if they really get that turbo working or not. Can't say I've ever seen them on a spirited drive.

Owning a Subaru repair shop, I deal with quite a few women customers. Some who are defiantely couples and other who might just be really close friends. They are always nice, knowledgable and tend to take good care of their vehicles compared to my male customer and single female customers.

No real bull dykes, most of them are professionals and active people / outdoors people, just like my other customers, so I do not think it is always their orientation that causes them to buy Subarus but their athletic and outdoorsy lifestyle.

Ok guys we cant let this get out to the open ALRIGHT!! And the VW i have always known as a Lezbian car. But not a subaru! Not all subarus are chick cars, it needs to be red in order for it to be a lezbian car, and mine is silver silver is a straight colour enough said. Heres the straight colours silver, black, green(any type of green), lime, blue(blue is a man's colour meaning straight) and dark dark blue is a straight colour.:banana: Now the gays are Red, and Pink thanks for looking sorry to give you the news. Time for a paint job eh guy, kkmm i mean girls. lol.

Owning a Subaru repair shop, I deal with quite a few women customers. Some who are defiantely couples and other who might just be really close friends. They are always nice, knowledgable and tend to take good care of their vehicles compared to my male customer and single female customers.

Well stated, richierich. I bought my Subaru from a couple with totally different values than mine. But at 5 years old and with 60k miles it was like a brand new car--clean, neat, well maintained, obviously taken care of, ran like a top!

No real bull dykes, most of them are professionals and active people / outdoors people, just like my other customers, so I do not think it is always their orientation that causes them to buy Subarus but their athletic and outdoorsy lifestyle.

Add to that the intelligence to choose a "thinking person's car."

Ok guys we cant let this get out to the open ALRIGHT!! And the VW i have always known as a Lezbian car. But not a subaru! Not all subarus are chick cars, it needs to be red in order for it to be a lezbian car, and mine is silver silver is a straight colour enough said. Heres the straight colours silver, black, green(any type of green), lime, blue(blue is a man's colour meaning straight) and dark dark blue is a straight colour.:banana: Now the gays are Red, and Pink thanks for looking sorry to give you the news. Time for a paint job eh guy, kkmm i mean girls. lol.

hehehe beware, as you dont know who is who on this list .... so the color rule may not apply :rolleyes:

nipper

If you've been driving around in your well engineered car which suits your needs and offers utility, reliability, good handling, etc etc etc, and all of a sudden you read something online about gays also enjoying this type of car... and you feel insecure about that and think that you are defined as a person solely by what type of car you drive... then you have some problems that probably can't be solved here.

:confused:

Steve

EDIT: Wow 555th post!!! Woot!

so what people, subarus are great cars, gays not only drive subarus but they drive volkswagens and Audi, and pontiacs and so on.

I am Gay and I drive a Subaru But i dont only drive it because the company supports the gay community, i drive it because they are great and reliable cars and easy to work on. and above all i love it.

PS: gays and lesbians are humans too.

cheers

Neo :grin:

Out of those whole dang 5 page long thread that has wasted too much of my time that I'll never get back, the last two posts are perhaps the most relavent.

Jesus Christ people, a lifestyle is just that, a lifestyle. And a good car is just that, a good car. Having either or both is a choice that is an individual decision and you're worried about the ones others are making?

Yes, I'm straight, but it's all too often overlooked by others and I feel should be re-instated - gays and lesbians are humans too.

Out of those whole dang 5 page long thread that has wasted too much of my time that I'll never get back, the last two posts are perhaps the most relavent.

Jesus Christ people, a lifestyle is just that, a lifestyle. And a good car is just that, a good car. Having either or both is a choice that is an individual decision and you're worried about the ones others are making?

Yes, I'm straight, but it's all too often overlooked by others and I feel should be re-instated - gays and lesbians are humans too.

Gee, that's deep, Doctor Phil.

Gee, that's deep, Doctor Phil.

A somewhat shocking tidbit from Wikipedia:

In the television series The L Word, lesbian tennis player Dana Fairbanks is sponsored by Subaru. Indeed, Subaru has gained a reputation as "the lesbian car brand" in the United States, featuring such lesbian icons as Martina Navratilova in one ad and having a car driven by two women with a large dog in the back seat with the license place "XENALVR" in another.

In addition, the Subaru Outback and Subaru Legacy were voted numbers 1 and 2, respectively, by Car Talk listeners as "the ultimate gay chick cars of all time".

Does anybody find this to be true?

Don't forget http://www.lesbaru.com

Man, some people have a lot of spare time.....:)