Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone Making tube bumpers?

subieman

scan00011.jpg

This is a good buddy of mine, does a very good job and cheaper than most fabricators!

He can and will make anything custom, he's the one that does all my exhuast and mods, he will be making my bumpers.

i have an ea-81 he can use for a template to make yours, give him a call and tell him Dayten told you about him.

~Dayten~

Depends on what it's for- I don't have any patterns yet, but I will be starting on bumpers for my Hatch in a couple weeks. I'll then have the full dimensions and patterns, and can make more.

The style I am going for on that one will be more like chef_tim's than a tube bumper, though, but a bit more form fitting and with an integrated brush guard.

Anyone making tube bumpers on the board anymore? I have a newley lifted rig and it's in need of some bumpers and a roof rack.

The few that were fabing up this stuff don't seem to be around anymore.

Sounds like something I'll have to do locally.

From the vendors section...cheers pesky

Just thought I should post up in here so people will know how to contact me.

I make bumpers, roof racks, and other off-road acssesories for Subarus of the EA81&EA82 style.

Phone: (541) 326-9745

E-mail: twbfab@pirate4x4.com

Or just PM me;)

TWB's work is outstanding, and the guy is honest and very well priced. But, he has since stopped wheelin subarus and drives a suburban. Im sure I can still call him and order up a bumper, but I think it will be cheaper to go with someone local. Jeremy, your surrounded by custom fabricators :) save some money on shipping and cut the waiting time.

Im gonna start to draw up some idea's on a rear tire carrier/bumper and see what dr.smash will charge for the work.

-Brian

I need to draw up what I would like the bumper to look like. All I know for now is it needs a receiver hitch, a place for a winch and lights for the front. The rear would be simpler with just a receiver hitch.

Yes shipping from WA might kill, but then again gas prices would kill me more I think if I picked it up. :dead:

Jeremy

You might be best off putting flat connectors on the front and rear, and use a reciever-mount winch. That way, you can keep good aproach and departure angles, and avoid having an easily stolen winch on the front end. Plus, if your only pull point is behind you, you can just throw it on the rear and go.

Anyone making tube bumpers on the board anymore? I have a newley lifted rig and it's in need of some bumpers and a roof rack.

The few that were fabing up this stuff don't seem to be around anymore.

Sounds like something I'll have to do locally.

If you have space for welding, go down to harborfreight or the like and get yourself one of those wire flux core welders when they are on sale. (Usually 150 to 100.00) and also pick up a grinder. Find a steel yard and ask for the remnants pile and get a bunch of steel to practice on. Design a project, candle holder, shelf bracket, fog light bar/bracket. Then go to town. Practice until you feel like you can lay a good bead and then make your own rack and bumper.

Benefits...

1) you learn a new skill

2) You can make it anyway you want. The first time you make a good solid weld, a light bulb will come on in your head and you will realize that you can now join metal. You are no longer bound by the limits of bolts and nuts, screws, rivets and epoxy/jb weld. You can fuse metal. muhahahahaha... oops sorry... back to the list.

3) Cost of paying someone to do it for your would have bought you the welder.

4) Join the brotherhood of eternally sunburned. (welding puts out UV rays)

If you have space for welding' date=' go down to harborfreight or the like and get yourself one of those wire flux core welders when they are on sale. (Usually 150 to 100.00) and also pick up a grinder. Find a steel yard and ask for the remnants pile and get a bunch of steel to practice on. Design a project, candle holder, shelf bracket, fog light bar/bracket. Then go to town. Practice until you feel like you can lay a good bead and then make your own rack and bumper.

Benefits...

1) you learn a new skill

2) You can make it anyway you want. The first time you make a good solid weld, a light bulb will come on in your head and you will realize that you can now join metal. You are no longer bound by the limits of bolts and nuts, screws, rivets and epoxy/jb weld. You can fuse metal. muhahahahaha... oops sorry... back to the list.

3) Cost of paying someone to do it for your would have bought you the welder.

4) Join the brotherhood of eternally sunburned. (welding puts out UV rays)[/quote']

You make a good point. I could always use that skill later down the road too. I think I'll do it! :)