Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok People who can beat this...

I had a 97 Mark VIII in 2002 (4 years old) with 230,000 miles. Didnt burn any oil, but I hydrolocked it when we had a flood. (First car too :() That transmission is still running, with no rebuild, in another Mark VIII of the familys, so the transmission has to have at least 300K on it by now.

As long as you take care of them, most cars will last forever.

I don't know if I'd go that far...I think you are overlooking the cars that come out of Korea...

Ill have to second that :-\ Hyundai is getting bett-ER .....but still a long way to go. KIA .....well, dont even get me started (sorry KIA owners) .....and then there were Daewoos:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard for me to beleive, like ill bet he kept rebuilding or swapping the engine, but ill bet our subaru's can do it, but im heavy on the pedal, so might descrease mileage of my tranny, i think these engines can go forever, the only thing that probably breaks is the head gasket and trannies.

My Legacy is nearing the 300,000 mark but it's not the original engine or tranny(about 10,000 miles ago it got a 94 4eat and I have no idea when the engine was replaced because that was before I got it).

I think I'm going to get a honda though next year to get some decent mpg for once(awd isn't cheap on gas like FWD is). But I think I'll probably keep my legacy because I snowboard a lot and it's perfect for that with the 60/40 split rear seat. Plus it runs flawlessly and I love that.

My Legacy is nearing the 300,000 mark but it's not the original engine or tranny(about 10,000 miles ago it got a 94 4eat and I have no idea when the engine was replaced because that was before I got it).

I think I'm going to get a honda though next year to get some decent mpg for once(awd isn't cheap on gas like FWD is). But I think I'll probably keep my legacy because I snowboard a lot and it's perfect for that with the 60/40 split rear seat. Plus it runs flawlessly and I love that.

HEATHEN!

He who speaks of the evil "H" ......

(and they have a crappy awd sytem anyway)

I know a guy who used to own a '92 3/4 ton Dodge with a 12-valve Cummins. He sold it. The current owner drove it to 2.7 million miles (yes, 2,700,000) when it tossed a rod. Now he's building a stroker with it.

Are you it wasn't km?

That would be doing an average of 528 miles per day/ every day for the 14 years since that truck was built. If you only do hwy and average 60 mph then that would driving 8.8 hours/ day ....never missing a day.

Are you it wasn't km?

That would be doing an average of 528 miles per day/ every day for the 14 years since that truck was built. If you only do hwy and average 60 mph then that would driving 8.8 hours/ day ....never missing a day.

You're right. That doesn't make sense.

So I confirmed the story...it was an '89 (first production year for the B-Series). The miles were 1.7 million. Which, now that I think about it, still sounds suspect (at 274 miles per day)...but anyway, thanks for bringing that out to me.

I guess I didn't think about that.