Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast NATIONAL Meet Carlisle PA May 20th Register with our club,please!

Yup,kicking it off.Let's throw it around and see who latches on.

Biggest gathering on the East Coast of vintage and interseting Import Cars.

Edit:

PLEASE REGISTER YOUR CAR UNDER THE CLUB NAME "Ultimate Subaru Club" !!!!!!!!!!!!

If we get 25 cars registered we get a tent for the weekend FREE.

The tent really helps!!!

Pardon this post if info is repeated or out of place after this edit.Cheers......

Carlisle Import/Kit-Repli-car Show http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/import/index.asp

Third weekend in May every year.

Many many thanks to Matt for taking the bull by the horns last year.We all owe him applause and probably at least a few bucks too.Not sure why I never got a collection going like I intended.Matt put out some dough for the tent and I think we should have kicked in some.We'll be sure to butter his roll this year,right?

Tough year in the Northeast for alot of us.Regardless,I'm planning on attending.This is a good place many of us to get together on a low budget.The Carlisle area offers plenty of affordable accomodations.And it's an easy one day event for many folks from eastern PA,NJ,lower NY,and even further if you don't mind a few hours of driving.

Saturday is THE day to be there if you can.

You don't need a Vintage/Historic/Antique/or even Rare Subaru to attend.You are welcome to show up in any car in any condition!There's no competition unless you want to enter into the big show.

At this point I have no idea if Matt wants to run the show again or who will take the helm.But we should at least try to see if we have enough people to make the effort for the tent,etc.

Either way,I am planning on attending,probably with my son or maybe the whole family.

It only cost like $15 to enter your first car and $10 for a second and $5 for a third.

Camping on premises is only $15 for a 10' x 30' space -*to Show Entries only*-that means you if you register a car.

There's also trailer parking available.

Plenty of camping nearby too.If the weather looks a little rough the hotels/motels aren't too bad at all.Some are pricey but there's plenty to shop around.Stay out away from Harrisburg and it gets cheaper.

We're hoping to bring the '78 down one more time unrestored :-\ but might bring the '87 Turbo Wagon....we'll see.

Hope you can join in.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it going to be rowdy like it was few years ago or are they gonna keep it down like it's supposed to be?

I'm sure all the guys from nabisco will be out there showing off their ricified Impreza's....

wrong show man... this is the kit-car/import show, NOT the sport compact show also known now as the performace and style show.

oh yeah, and ill be there!

I was going to wait a few weeks to start this but oh well....Yes I do plan on doing the show again if you folks want me to do it. What I was thinking is that instead of registering cars you either don't have or won't bring I would like to see the folks take that money you would have spent and donate it to the "tent fund". The tent fund is $100 to get a club space or 25 registered cars.

Also, as said above this isn't the heck raising ricer meet that they had a few years ago this is a vintage show but all is welcome... from 360's to b9's everyone is welcome to show their subie. I plan on having the 83 there and if I can find enough drivers maybe even a new brat too (the baja folks...the baja) :lol:

You guys want me to run this? if not speak up now.

I'm sure all the guys from nabisco will be out there showing off their ricified Impreza's....

No, that would be the Wicked Big(ger) Meet, or "WBM" where over 700 Subies of ALL models were welcome and showed up (my old school were loved!). It was the kind of meet where a big deal was made of a Justy. (Get it Andrew?) BTW, "rice" is not common practice :)

Yeah Matt,go for it!

So far I've got some patches to give out.Should be able to score more dealer give-away crap too.

Maybe we'll raffle off the Subaru/Leasing sign I still have to pick up from the barn near Harrisburg.:) Might be some chicken feathered headlights from the 70's too.:lol:

Should we make a flyer to hang in dealer's parts/service depts.?I'm going to try to whip up something.

Matt..let me know how much $$ you need..I will donate to the tent..and looks like I will be bringing the XT6 for sure..going to try and get alot of work done today and the good news just keeps flowing in ( I bow down to master Turbone;) ) And Dave and Melis are coming to help. Looking good for getting Rocky ready....Now dont let me back out..you guys know that I have a habit of that ( Its caused by having Social Anxiety Disorder)

how could you have a social disorder when it is all the folks you know and love: me, ben, melis, dave, paul, andrew, john. Yeah I hope for a few more folks but there is no way you could feel uncomfortable about folks who have been to your house. :headbang:

Food for thought: I was thinking about asking everyone who is going to register a car to donate $20 to the tent fund. With that being said, if and hopefully there will be, extra money leftover I was thinking about taking the money and getting pizzas on sat night so we could have a pizza party at the fairgrounds. I think going out to dinner last year was sort-of a cluster so maybe we could simplify a little...

Comments?

yeah yeah yeah....just don't go running off and hiding again.:lol:

Shake some hands,meets some of the people you'd prefer to throw things at.:-p Just kidding.Don't be shy this year.;)

Potential field:

360 van -some guy we don't even know who mysteriously leaves his oversized toaster with wheels on Friday night and takes it back late Sunday....but he missed this past year,didn't he?

Justy

'87 GL Turbo Wagon

SVX

'83 Sedan

Baja

Brat Gen II

XT6

Impreza Rally Car?

Legacy Legacy Legacy

Loyale/GL/DL boxes

possibly my '78 4WD wagon

possibly a '75 coupe

possibly a '73 wagon

possibly Brat Gen I

'82 GLF ???

hey paul dont forget my '84 GL Wagon!

Righteous!!!!!!!!

Cool Nick,that car is awsome for the east coast.Should be a field favorite when looked at objectively.

Good start so far! I'm thinking we can get back to the crowd we had the first year we used the USMB to get folks together there.

Good idea from Matt,maybe start with everyone sending $10 to the "tent kitty".The way I see it we should get real close to that magic $100 mark very quickly and should we need more we can figure the extra change needed and divy it up....or I have some other ideas too.Read on,please.

Ladies and Gentlemen,It's not all that hard to go into your local dealer and explain what our group of enthusiasts is doing....and ASK for some give-aways/promotional items from them to bring to Carlisle.Make sure you tell them we are a group of Subaru enthusiasts who drive all years of Subarus.And make sure you tell them its for the Carlisle Import Show.Thousands of people attend this show.

If they say no then that's life.

In the past my local has given me many items to distribute even for my own personal Subaru gatherings!! So don't be shy,please.

Also,if the dealer and you have a very good relationship you may want to suggest that if they give you a minor dollar amount that you'll gladly promote that dealership,and Subaru,at the Show for them.You can offer to hang a sign,pass out pamphlets,etc. If a dealer kicks in even $10 that helps,and you can easily explain where their $10 is going and how much exposure they'll be getting for that piddly sum of coinage.

Main thing is if WE ALL do this we're sure to get a good amount of cash and freebies raised.

I've got Dan Perkins of Milford CT covered.I have an outstanding relationship with several members of their staff,so don't anyone else bother with them,please.In the past I've "re-gifted" stickers,parts manuals,coasters,keychains,and all sorts of promo stuff from Perkins.

Would love to know exactly what is going to be there..

It did occur to me a simple plane jane carbed 87GL with d/r all oem may becoming interesting, but I was thinking rare old soobs, extreme custom work etc. Last year I drove withing 30+/- miles of that place in a 2wd loyale just for something to do.Had no idea the show existed. would love to have a destination on my "spring fever" trips, this may be a possibility. :)

is the post here the only attempt at gathering old subarus? or is there ,say, an offroad group etc? I don't know of anyone here that actually keeps soobs good, usmb is as close as I have found to enthusiasm.. no one to mention it to., even though I have spotted some unique local... an ea81 gen hatch went buzzing by just last night- it is very rare to me, went by on the pretreated salt road and light snow, and being a small world, I saw the car parked and it was in mint/very good condition with a very unique sounding exhaust (that would be a good one for show?). Also a lifted sedan around here- local soob world is all too quiet.I could easily assume some don't know what they got.:rolleyes:

Would love to know exactly what is going to be there..

Come on man,read the whole post,please.Don't be the kid that holds up the whole class.Thanks.Mostly European cars,Kit cars,and Repli-cars.You'll love it.

usmb is as close as I have found to enthusiasm

You betchyurass on that one,dude.This is where it's at on the Web for enthusiasm for older Subarus.

I'm pretty sure there's a whole mess of people that'll really appreciate a true Subaru head like you being there.;)

is the post here the only attempt at gathering old subarus? or is there ,say, an offroad group etc?

We do get together for off roading in southern New Jersey.Other folks have began efforts to meet at other off roading spots too.Check the board come springtime and you'll probably see one for eastern PA and one for central/northern NY.

I am 100% positive that I am bringing Rocky down ( XT6 ) As for Bucky..well depends on how far I get fixing his front end and brakes ( Had one of his glorious brake failure moments today on the way to work..think I am going to do the rear disk swap) Shame is Bucky does show so well when I clean him up..had those STi kids interested at the marcus show.

Matt..PM me an addy so I know where to send tent fund money ( I know I have it here somewhere but who knows).

And dont forget people...Carlisle is my home town!! Know my way around there very very well;)