Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast NATIONAL Meet Carlisle PA May 20th Register with our club,please!

We are airing out our small 2 man tent to bring down to carlisle...so there is going to be plenty of room for probably 2 other tents...Hatchsub...you already claimed a spot with us:) so Paul ..if you have a tent and want to ..there is room...so you dont have to sleep in a car.

Oh YEAAAAA :banana: Connie i owe you a some money..either half of it or a third of it depending on if someone else claims the other spot. Thanks again.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the word from my son that he wants to be part of the gang.:clap:

We'll be heading down Friday afternoon and hitting the H'burg area around 7PM to stop at the barn where we bought the NOS last year.We're picking up the old Subaru sign that was left behind and any other goodies that may have been overlooked.Bringing the sign to Carlisle to do something with-raffle,give away....something.;)

So,don't forget,its a FAMILY event.;):)

Also,we might be hitting Pine Barrens on the return either late afternoon/evening Saturday or early on Sunday.Can't afford to get stuck or breakdown with short notice so we're probably shoot for leaving Carlisle late Saturday,we'll see.If I have some support for Sunday morning then we'll stay over and hit PB for sure.(Neo,and Nick,I'm talking about you guys.And anyone else from north Jersey thru CT who could possibly help us should be become stranded.)I absolutely need to be home by 11PM Sunday even if it means leaving the '78 somewhere.

Rocky will most likely NOT be there...starter is fried and I can't get the old one out ...dont have a replacement and wont have the money for a new one till next week anyway...and then it will take another 3-5 days to get one..Wouldnt even be able to get a Garage to take care of it and have it done on time...So right now everything is officially up in the air.

Rocky will most likely NOT be there...starter is fried and I can't get the old one out ...dont have a replacement and wont have the money for a new one till next week anyway...and then it will take another 3-5 days to get one..Wouldnt even be able to get a Garage to take care of it and have it done on time...So right now everything is officially up in the air.

Damn..does that mean that its so fried you cant hit-start it? If it starts with a blow to the starter i would do that and get it out to carlisle. I would assume..(big assumption) that an EA82 starter would be the same for the XT6 (as that motor is basically an EA82 with an extra 2 cylinders).

The EA82 would work..if from a MT and then have to add longer wires...and the 2 spares I have are from AT...I took the starter out and had it tested..it is bad...but I took it apart and cleaned the brushes ( 2 were stuck) ..Right now its drying out ..then I will put back together and have it tested again...if its good it will go back in tonight...if not I actually locate one locally but it would have to wait till Thursday ( when I have money) and I will try and put it in that night or Friday morning.

bucky has an EA82 MT starter on him?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!??!? :headbang:

hint hint hint

I am not pulling Buckys and taking the chance of both cars being down...thats just stupid...I am about to say forget this whole thing..I am getting even more confused by the info I am getting

WTF? I just tried to post and got "this forum is not accepting new posts" :confused:

Connie,if this goes through,I'll be looking hard for you everyday this week

How are you getting to work on Monday?

Paulyburger...I have been running Bucky...sometimes you have to do what you have to do...thats another reason why I will not pull parts from Buck..he isnt a parts car and I need him right now. I use Tommys truck on weekends if I have to go somewhere ...but during the week good old trusty Bucky has been my mode of transportation for the past 3 weeks

How much work is it to take the starter off an ea82?

I have a "parts wagon" that is Bucky's (very rusty) clone....well, except its 4WD.

Anyway, its a M/T, and the starter is good. I could pull it, and priority mail that baby up to ya. Do you think it would get there in time if I sent it tuesday AM?

Lemme know

I just realized something. Why does it have to be a manual tranny starter? I used an auto starter on my manual tranny for awhile and it worked fine...and EA81 and EA82 starters are the same. The auto starter just has a bigger motor to overcome the torque converter. They "should" both bolt on the same. Or have you looked at them next to eachother and they dont bolt on the same?

So I guess I have to keep Tommy...he came home from work and plopped down the brand new starter ...there was only one in the area and luckily it was in Danbury...so anyway...it is installed..Rocky is starting nicely..took him for a 10 mile loop trip to get his puter back in order since the battery was disconnected for a day....Going to take him to work tomorrow and then looks like Carlisle here we come!:banana: :banana: :banana:

sweetness!!!!! Tommy is good peeps! :headbang:

ok folks lets start a list as to when you folks are going to get there....

subeman90= asap friday morning

Well, if people are meeting up somewhere for breakfast saturday I'd love to come. How does 8:30 saturday morning sound?

Backwoodsboy and I will be there friday afternoon. Counting down the days. It's getting harder and harder to sit here in the office and concentrate. I can't wait.

Connie - That is awesome! Tommy sounds like a keeper to me. I can't wait to see Rocky's new paint job.