Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Desert Fox" Edition Hatch Decals???

MikeW has a set of Desert Fox Decals.... but has never installed them. the Mtn Grizzly Decals I had were for a hatch too. Mike and I got them around the same time off eBay, and I've been on the look-out for a set of the Desert Fox ones for my current Hatch...

they were an aftermarket item. I still have the company sticker off my mtngrizzly decals box. it had a drawing of a Brat on it.....

notice how they don't quite make it to the rear on a wagon since it's longer.

31982-MountainGrizzly.jpg

the Desert Fox decals are the same size and layout as these, but Tan based in color as I recall...

WOW!Always nice to hear about new stuff!Never hear of the desert fox decals before.Was there much differnces in the cars that came equiped with the decals or is it more of cosmetic appearance differences?I would love to see some pictures.:)

they weren't an official edition. they were just aftermarket decals you could get for them....

They came from

D&G Enterprises, Inc.

1280 E. Chocolate Ave.

Hershey, PA 17033

Appearance package for

SUBARU HATCHBACK

MOUNTAIN GRIZZLY

DG-160-A-BLUE

hi Mick

if you have an interest in them, i`d consider selling them.

any possibility you would be able to reproduce them?

If Mick can't, I'm sure that pooparu can - he's very knowledgable with respect to vinyl. He's doing the complete gen 2 brat set and said the final cost will be about $100. Very fair IMO. He's got a plotter and all that stuff for LARGE vinyl. He measured up my Brat with some prints from his plotter - the fit was great. Real nice guy too. I say we send him the stuff and have him digitize it for the benefit of everyone.....

GD

If Mick can't, I'm sure that pooparu can - he's very knowledgable with respect to vinyl. He's doing the complete gen 2 brat set and said the final cost will be about $100. Very fair IMO. He's got a plotter and all that stuff for LARGE vinyl. He measured up my Brat with some prints from his plotter - the fit was great. Real nice guy too. I say we send him the stuff and have him digitize it for the benefit of everyone.....

GD

+1

yeah, he seems like a very nice guy. i traded him a subaru script off my old 360 truck for a set of his brat stripes and i can`t wait to see them. sounds like they are going to be almost perfect originals. i picked up a set of originals with these desert fox decals, but they are the wrong color for me.

easily.

My boss just got a pro-grade vinyl plotter but we're all n00bs as far as that's concerned... there's also no reason that custom themes couldn't be produced as well..

Is there a rear piece for the tailgate?

i`m wondering if it would be possible to digitally lengthen the back piece so these can be made to fit wagons and brats as well?

If I had the decals I could easily reproduce anything or change anything too. If enough people are interested in getting a set of these decals I'd be willing to buy them from you or work out some sort of trade. Let me know.

i`m wondering if it would be possible to digitally lengthen the back piece so these can be made to fit wagons and brats as well?

Ya, shoot me over the decals and I'll get a set to fit your rig. I'll have your brat stripes out by monday too. (just so you know)

that sounds good. if i were to send you the originals, maybe we can work out a trade on a set lengthened to fit a brat. its an 8 piece set, there is a fox emblem, and "desert fox" writing that go on the hood and tailgate.

so who's interested?