Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX production numbers

I've researched but couldnt find anything. Maybe someone from SOA would know, or Corky.
thanks turbone, for the time at least. is like to know. if its super rare ill restore it, if its mildly rare ill mod it a little, if its rather common, its getting an ej25:headbang:

They are rare if considered against other EA82 models...otherwise maybe just mildly rare. Now if it's a Black RX Coupe (and more if it's not an auto) then it what's I would consider pretty rare. Hell there's 2 White RX Coupes' at my house alone, and I know another local member with one, and yet another local member saw 2 sitting by eachother at a local JY just the other day. Would prob be a lot more on the streets but they rust and blow headgaskets...and end up in the graveyard sad as that is to say.

I will fully backup what suberdave said..so it's your car and do with it what you want that's what makes it your car.

They are rare if considered against other EA82 models...otherwise maybe just mildly rare. Now if it's a Black RX Coupe (and more if it's not an auto) then it what's I would consider pretty rare. Hell there's 2 White RX Coupes' at my house alone, and I know another local member with one, and yet another local member saw 2 sitting by eachother at a local JY just the other day. Would prob be a lot more on the streets but they rust and blow headgaskets...and end up in the graveyard sad as that is to say.

I will fully backup what suberdave said..so it's your car and do with it what you want that's what makes it your car.

well, its an 86 rx sedan, liquid silver, black interior, lsd, center diff lock, turbo, 5spd.....i think its gonna be a 250 horse puppy pretty soon:headbang:

I know the '85 RX sedans had a production number of around 2500 IIRC. I heard that a few years ago, waaaaay before I got into EA82Ts. Black RX's are also rare since they were only made for half a year. Mine was an auto which I converted. Now, its new owner will take very good care of it....

Crushing it:Flame:

I've NEVER seen an RX in person. saw an extremely rusty Loyale RS turbo coupe once....but that's as close as it comes.

of course, this is in MN. I've never seen an EA81 and not known the owner. Loyales that aren't rusted in half are getting pretty darn rare

I know the '85 RX sedans had a production number of around 2500 IIRC. I heard that a few years ago, waaaaay before I got into EA82Ts. Black RX's are also rare since they were only made for half a year. Mine was an auto which I converted. Now, its new owner will take very good care of it....

Crushing it:Flame:

I've been trying to find out the production # for the black 89.5 RX's since I've had mine. Thats about 4yrs now:rolleyes:

Apperently, 50,645 Subaru's were produced in 1989. Dont have the breakdown tho.

Found that info here....http://www.cars101.com/oldsubaru.html

• 6 years later...

i just bot a 1986 silver black interior RX turbo 5 speed LSD diff 

for $400 bucks with bad motor planing on a EJ22 the car is rare 

but changing the motor wont loos it's value its not like a old Chevy with 

numbers matching vins build the hell out of it it will make it worth that much more