Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whos brat is this and how did he do this

A strait axle in the rear. That's fricken awesome. Anyone know anything about the brat. Like what did the axle come from, what about the front axle, how the F he did it.

Well who evers it is, it pretty bad rump roast.

IMG_0730.jpg

Ken_Offroad_04.jpg

check the Offroad forum, there's info on swapping other vehicle drivetrains into a Subaru. there's alot of good info in that offroad forum and you should find some info on solid axle swaps. it's all fab work, you can put anything you want under a vehicle with enough resources. tank tracks anyone??? i think that's been done before as well....

is that an old 360 on the left side of the first picture?

you people could ALMOST convince me to deal with the cold.. If I lived in Oregon, say, near the coast... it would be the best of BOTH my worlds, Datsun AND subaru...... (all KINDS of top end performance shops in central and northern Cali, plus the one man whose intelligence and opinions I respect the MOST on Z-cars lives in Sandy, Oregon according to his postbit on the HybridZ forum..)

but man, I get cold when the temperature outside is sixty degrees!!! I can cope with 95 all day long in the sun, but you drop me into 40 or below and I would rather shoot you! It's sad, I lived in the Appalachians when I was a kid and used to LIKE the cold.. Now I shudder at the memories of going swimming at the beach in the dead of winter (air temps at 70, lol) like I did when I was 13, right after moving back down here.. and I understand why my old man would NEVER have done such a thing...

is that an old 360 on the left side of the first picture?

you people could ALMOST convince me to deal with the cold.. If I lived in Oregon, say, near the coast... it would be the best of BOTH my worlds, Datsun AND subaru...... (all KINDS of top end performance shops in central and northern Cali, plus the one man whose intelligence and opinions I respect the MOST on Z-cars lives in Sandy, Oregon according to his postbit on the HybridZ forum..)

but man, I get cold when the temperature outside is sixty degrees!!! I can cope with 95 all day long in the sun, but you drop me into 40 or below and I would rather shoot you! It's sad, I lived in the Appalachians when I was a kid and used to LIKE the cold.. Now I shudder at the memories of going swimming at the beach in the dead of winter (air temps at 70, lol) like I did when I was 13, right after moving back down here.. and I understand why my old man would NEVER have done such a thing...

Yes that is an original 360 if my memory serves me correctly. I thought the PNW was cold... then I moved to Wyoming. Now the dead of winter in Oregon is like the high we get during our summer. I mean, its snowing right now, in MAY!?!?!?! I got 9 days until I move back and anymore, I'm wondering why I ever moved here. I miss seeing Subarus from the 70's driving around:-\

Yes that is an original 360 if my memory serves me correctly. I thought the PNW was cold... then I moved to Wyoming. Now the dead of winter in Oregon is like the high we get during our summer. I mean, its snowing right now, in MAY!?!?!?! I got 9 days until I move back and anymore, I'm wondering why I ever moved here. I miss seeing Subarus from the 70's driving around:-\

I was just watching the weather channel and thinkin about you CAB. I myself went through a similar thought process after moving from Oregon to Wisconsin. Hope to be going back out there soon. At least you're soob loves the snow.

Oregon is like a really beautiful woman; often tempermental, but she's worth it, and when others see you with her they're oh-so jealous.

Caboobaroo, I'm sure she's waiting with open arms to welcome you back.

/braggart hijack

I've lived in PA; NY; CA and OR. I don't want to leave OR.