Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear 3.90 LSD

Hi everybody.

My friend fly tommorow to USA and I want to find a rear 3.90 LSD for my Leone (loyale in USA) so he could bring me one or two LSD.

Someone can help me to trace a rear 3.90 LSD to Leone/Loyale as soon as possible?

Thanks, Gal.

it might be hard to find a 3.9 lsd, i think all the lsd's on the old school cars were 3.7. the legacy might have come with a 3.9 ratio, but im not sure. ive hear that you can get the 3.7 and swap out the ring and pinion with a 3.9 ring and pinion to convert it top what you want, but im not positive on that, ive never had to try it.

good luck with your search. also, where is your friend going? depending on where your friend is visiting, could determine the ease of finding the parts you want. some areaas have a larger amount of older subarus than others,.

good luck

Hi everybody.

My friend fly tommorow to USA and I want to find a rear 3.90 LSD for my Leone (loyale in USA) so he could bring me one or two LSD.

Someone can help me to trace a rear 3.90 LSD to Leone/Loyale as soon as possible?

Thanks, Gal.

USA's a pretty big place. Where exactly? 200 bucks max around Seattle, Washington. There's a junk yard 6 blocks away from me that's Soob only. They ALWAYS have one or more laying around. YOu could just take the innards out and bring them back home. Then swap them into your diff. (read Mick's write up in the repair manual. Qman did one too I think)

From Israel It's hard for me to trace a rear 3.90 LSD.

I saw somewhere a rear 3.90 LSD from a Loyale RX.

Can anyone help me to trace a rear 3.90 LSD?

Tell me where it is and I will say to my friend to pick it up in some way.

I have to know that it will fit to my 1990 1.8 4WD Leone (Loyale) rear 3.90 axle.

Thanks, Gal.

USA's a pretty big place. Where exactly? 200 bucks max around Seattle, Washington. There's a junk yard 6 blocks away from me that's Soob only. They ALWAYS have one or more laying around. YOu could just take the innards out and bring them back home. Then swap them into your diff. (read Mick's write up in the repair manual. Qman did one too I think)

Please read the peoples posts. This is very important information.

We need to know where in the US your friend is going. All you need is the gears for the 3.9 LSD and they can be swapped into your rear diff. We have a write up in the USRM on this board just for this.

My friend will stay for the next two weeks in Los Angeles and then one more week in Hawai.

I know that there is a rear 3.90 LSD. My rear diff is a 3.90 ratio so how can I insert a rear 3.70 LSD to a rear 3.90 diff?

In Israel it is very hard to find parts for 4WD Leone, so I will be glad to know what extra parts I need to insert the rear 3.70 LSD to my rear 3.90 diff.

Thanks, Gal.

Here are two links to the USRM write ups for converting to an lsd. The first is text only, the second has pictures of what it should look like along the way.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49919

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66430

Keep in mind for a true lsd 3.9 rear end this is the best option. In the US market we only recieved 3.7 lsds.

EDIT::: Gah, beaten by a minute...