Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New kicks for the Brat

Well, not new exactly. These were on the OBS when it met its demise.

Scored some Turbo pugs and pow! Not too bad looking. I can't stand to use the Swampers on the road, and there was now way I was gonna be able to sell my 5 days worth of use tires and get my money back.

newkicks.jpg

Very nice. Like how it sits.

Thanks man. I like rake. That and the torsion bar has to be up all the way to clear the tires. They rub on the bolts on the mudflaps. I need to take them off and use ea82 style ones. Cut out the innards and attach them to the side of the car with good old self tappers.

They are pretty tall tires, a wee bit taller than my 27/8.50 swampers. 205/75/15. Clearance Clarence. :grin:

they look like they belong! nice. i'm also diggin' the custom bumper that lets you keep the A-bar.

*knucklebump*

The bumper is actually attached to the Abar, but it unblots really easy. The Abar has a big old gnarly skid plate on it that just clears the y-pipe. :brow:

That thing is ****in beautiful!

I mean, BEAUTIFUL!!

AMC hornet, eat your heart out!

I have to make clear that I am not much of an off-road man, and have always leaned more towards the sportscar end of the auto spectrum... think lowered XT6, not lifted hatch. Plus, loud tires always piss me off when I am on the road, so... like you said, don't run the swampers on the road. Those rims and rubber make the BRAT look incredible, IMHO.. I think this may be one of my favorite photos ever, to be frank.

(BTW, Roger, roger.)