Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subarinos Hatch... Update

It has been a long time since i have posted anything on here but i thought i would put an update on whats been going on and what i have added to the car in the past year or so.

Car is an 1983 MY Hatch... with about a million mods done to it... i do actually have a list of every mod i have done if anyone is at all interested. Common in most parts of the world but VERY rare in Australia.

Some may remember not long ago i had a problem getting a new rear window and some of you fine people were able to help me... thanks agiain for that.

Main things i have done lately is added....

Fully functional Snorkel and air box:

snork1.jpg

Tow bar/Spare wheel holder/Camping table:

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

P9300008sm.JPG

And more recently a SC14 Super Charger from a Toyota on my ej22:

(Im not yet 100% happy with this... im getting a smaller pulley so i can get more boost and i need to do some more pipe work. Currently it is only running 3.5 PSI boost)

PB100268sm.JPG

PB100273sm.JPG

PB100272sm.JPG

It runs great and shortly it will be completed after i and an intercooler to it and raise the boost to hopefully 6-7PSI.

Dave

I will put more details up on the wheel carrier tonight.

I forgot to add some photos of my endless air set up too (air compressor and tank running from the EJ air con compressor)

Dave

+2billion. My donor has A/C, I'd love to see what you did for oiling and how well it works, etc.

Looks awesome mate!

Any static from the coppers about that tire carrier blocking the license plate? Cops in Victoria ticketed me for 'obstructed plate' because my tow ball was covering the bottom center of the plate a little. (probably my bad for driving a VK Commodore with tinted out windows though)

The number plate has actually already been relocated. If you take a look at my last photo with the table set up you can see it is more to the left now.

The spare wheel holder is actually but out of one of these http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-Bike-A-Frame-Towing-Rack-Quick-Realease-Brand-NEW_W0QQitemZ180181276923QQihZ008QQcategoryZ56189QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Obviously heavily modified. Best thing about it is there is no need to fold the wheel down to access or open the boot. The wheel is only ever folded down for table use and there is tons of room to access the boot either side of it.

Dave

I read that something very unfortunate happened to that car a while back but perhaps I was reading about another hatch?
There was another imported hatch in Australia that got 'accidentally' crushed. Apparently the tow truck took the wrong car and the guy wasn't home when they came to pick it up.