Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle show May 16-18 2008

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just finished detailing the inside of the wrx, now i need to detail the outside! and boy does it need it...

would be great if all i had to do was detail my cars. hell the impreza is a bt banged up from winter screwups and the brat doesnt even have an interior or front fenders at the moment.:banghead:

but the metal work is coming along, its not perfect, not even close, but its not horrible either. gotta seal the seams and rattle bomb it tomarrow. then maybe i can put hte interior back together. its getting soo close, and im starting to feel the strain of trying to get a car ready with next to no budget and now even less time since i start working on monday. well, hopefully, ill be rolling up in a semi-flat black brat, lol.

I wasnt able to get LB detailed yesterday due to rain ..so it will be next Friday..He needs lots of scrubbing off of the green stuff....and maybe I will get around to repairing and cleaning th louvers so I can have them back on for Carlisle..since they are the centerpiece of my coupe....plus they are wicked retro-cool baby

if all else fails, clean it at the show!

Thee will definately be alot of that..I looked at the weather and this week looks like a bust for the detailing too...:banghead::banghead:

Why do I have to be so picky!

picked up something to try out with grilling foods this year, its like a really big peice of charcoal with a few holes in it. its supposed to be easier to get started than regular charcoal and is great for smaller grills, or something like that.

If anyone is looking at a car or other large shipment that they would like to get from the Atlanta or Charlotte area to Carlisle, let me know. A guy on another board I visit is bringing up an empty trailer to take a car back with him, for some gas $$ he's willing to bring stuff this way.

Yup 3. I adjusted the choke on the sedan, we pulled apart the XT6, and on sunday i guess you guys glassed the brat?

Yup used a can and a half of glass in the bed..we want to go to Daves and fix his Brat next

If anyone is looking at a car or other large shipment that they would like to get from the Atlanta or Charlotte area to Carlisle, let me know. A guy on another board I visit is bringing up an empty trailer to take a car back with him, for some gas $$ he's willing to bring stuff this way.

I will search craigslist in that area and see if I see anything that interests me. Does the guy have an amount in mind?

We're going to bring the TurboWagon, and the Brat even though still needs some body work and general TLC. (The daily commuters and RX project taking up my time...)

Remind Mrs Whirly to write down the recipe for her vodka induced bean dip....yummy!!!!!:grin: That stuff was the best.

It appears like this years turn out is going to be really good!

We'll try to make some more bean dip if we can remember the recipe! :-p

hey thanks! i'm already having some anxiety attacks because its getting so close :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too..havent done squat to the coupe...need to clean and repair the louvers so I can reinstall them..and all the basic cleaning etc..Its going to look sad next to Steves Sedan.( Some saw if in person over the weekend..definately not perfect but a good solid piece)

MMMMMmmm :slobber::slobber::slobber::slobber: Mrs Whirlys Bean Dip!!

im getting closer to getting the brat ready. i started the tune up on it, got two of the spark plugs replaced and two of the wires done. i also got hte floor pan rubbercoated, tomarrow will paint it and possibly get some seats in it after work.

11 days, i cant wait, lol. i need to somehow get registered. i know it will cost more, but will the 16th be too late? or will it be too late to sign up on saturday when i get there?

Its going to look sad next to Steves Sedan.( Some saw if in person over the weekend..definately not perfect but a good solid piece)

Oh pfff. No its not. Bring some mirrors to show the underside of it. Then it beats mine hands down. :)

It's going to be really cool meeting alot of you, and seeing a few of you again. I wish I had time to put a clutch in Molly so I would trust her for a couple autox runs, but time is at a bit of a premium for me right now. :rolleyes:

ok i need a favor from one of you going to carlisle

i'm in need of a single port Y pipe for my legacy, if any of you see one at the junk yard or have one around please grab it! the Y pipe has to be from a 96 to 99 Legacy 2.2 Single port!

Let me know whoever finds it so i dont order it before carlisle

thanks in advance!

Neo