Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lookie What Showed up At my Door!!

Thanks Guys.. I dont think I could be happier ..This car is ..well..just awesome..We took him for a spin around town ..to Taco Bell..the Grocery Store..Stopped at the car wash to get an estimate for a clay bar and buff out..( The owner loves me and is doing full interior/exterior for $75..LB goes in Friday for Pampering) Brought him home and started to do some work..just alot of cleaning..i have removed the louvers..they are terribly fragile and just the trip on the truck caused the to crack in 2 places..Going to repair then I will put them back on. So anyway..Here he is...I think he looks pretty happy.

Before the cleaning:

LBCoupe002.jpg

Group Shot of my kids ( My Imppy and my Bike too):

LBCoupe001.jpg

And now...the cleaned up shots:

LBCoupe007.jpg

LBCoupe006.jpg

LBCoupe004.jpg

LBCoupe009.jpg

LBCoupe010.jpg

So there is a start...going to work on some of the water leaks tomorrow.. Geesh I think LB is a drop dead sexy little car.:banana:

So there is a start...going to work on some of the water leaks tomorrow.. Geesh I think LB is a drop dead sexy little car.:banana:

Water leaks? Whats leaking? Windows? Sunroof? BTW it looks gorgeous. I cant believe its got over 200k on it. That interior looks almost new.

Water leaks? Whats leaking? Windows? Sunroof? BTW it looks gorgeous. I cant believe its got over 200k on it. That interior looks almost new.

It has a leak around the rear widow..I think the drains for the sunroof..( It was dripping from both front pillars..behind the trim but the sunroof itself does not leak) and the around the one mount on the trunk rack...The trunk rack has some of the only rust on the car along with 2 MINOR spots on the front windshield and one on the back..

The car has around 234K leaks like a siv..need a new front main.( Ahhh I Missed that smell of leaky Subaru:)) Sounds like a sewing machine on crack:grin: and drives like a dream!!Best part..I am not afrain to get a jack under it in fear of it breaking apart:banana::banana: I wish I could just flip this car upside down at Carlisle to show off that underside.

Its not perfect..needs alot of work yet ..but worth it..I only paid $450 for it...Has some clunking in the front that needs addressed and the clutch or something needs adjusted cause it pops out of 3rd...and a working digi dash ( It kills me not knowing how much gas is in it..and I am keeping the GPS in it so I can tell how fast I am going).

But he was already getting some head turns..especially from other Subaru drivers..

Cant wait to get him really shiney..and that funky smell out..to show him off at carlisle..not as nice as your Sedan ....yet.

Thanks for all the comments..I am just so happy to have a coupe again..and even though this one has a million more miles then my last one..it puts it to shame big time.

And just to give you west coasters some peace of mind about letting one of your own go to the rust belt..I was out at 5:30 am trying to make room in the garage..franticly..cause rain and thunderstorms are in the forcast over the next few days...But look..He is safe..this is where he will be snuggled during the salt season too:

LBCoupe013.jpg

LBCoupe011.jpg

just barely fits with both bikes the tractor, my tools and stuff..and Tommys woodworking stuff. I PROMISE you West Coaster that I will NOT let the fate of so many cars on this side happen to LB...I felt honored in knowing that some of you felt I was worthy to bring this little guy here.. I wont let you down.

After you get LB wipped into shape you will have to bring him back out here for a show or two.

I honestly dont think there will be much arm twisting need to get me back out there..But with LB?? Maybe after he gets his CCRInc new EA81 ( That is what I may do with next years income tax check:grin:). I have some big plans for this little car... I really like opening my Garage door and seing him sitting there though I want to drive him!!