Subertha (soo Bertha)

Susie (obviously)

far as i can think of. right off the top of my head

Edited by SubaruJawn

My children have named my Subies:

'88 3 door was 'The Speedster'

'92 Loyale 4 door was 'Rubie The Subie' - Mica Rudy colored

My 'new' '92 Legacy is 'Winnie The Roo' - Whinestone colored

What can I say, they are only 3 and 7 :)

I would go with nippers idea..works for me... it took awhile for my 08 Impreza to finally settle on her name...and I usually go with the AT ?MT thing ..but she is a 5 spd and she is all girl...stick up, prissy B of a car..thats how she ended up with Holly ..short for Hollister.

My coupe ended up being ralled LB cause we were referring to it as the Little Blue coupe while it was still out in WA..and were just saying LB instead of typing little blue coupe...it stuck.

LOL, I always thought the cars were girls and my pickups were boys. My old Fairlane Conv. is the exception- he is Henry Ford. My last Subaru was named after a favorite Great Aunt from my childhood. She drove a old Rambler wagon the same color as my Outback wagon, so I named her Sarah Subie. (spoke to her new owner yesterday and she is running fine with zero problems) My new winter rat is Izzy the Impreza. I dont have a clue where that name came from, I just looked at her the day I bought her, and thought she looked like a Izzy.

It's funny. My 1998 Legacy had no personality, so it never got a name. It never even got a gender. My past cars had at the very least genders. Blu has tons of personailty. He got his name on a 4 week 12,000 mile road trip :)

nipper

Edited by nipper

sorry, but the manual/automatic thing doesnt fly...

89 GL wagon, 5 spd - Brumhilda - Hildy for short - not the prettiest thing around, but sturdy and reliable. actually got the name from the "Cartalk" website - "name your heap" - after putting in her stats that name came up, after thinking about for a minute I decided the name fit and kept it.

the 90 Legacy LS wagon, auto, kind of has name - Snow Queen (Queenie) - after having the engine bay packed with snow during a particularly windy snowstorm last winter...dont really use it much tho - still kind of waiting for something more appropriate to show itself - have only had her a yr and a half.

The other Subies in our stable belong to madkow and he doesnt name his other than 'the coupe', 'blue wagon', etc...

I usually name cars after the license plate

2000 OBS =Jude *jue***

1982 BRAT =Bob *BOB***.

The only two exceptions are

the RX = Elvis b/c RX= is pronounced rex and rex is king in latin and Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll

silver SVX = Slick. Wife named it.

claret SVX = ZZZ or triple Z. We had invitro and three zygotes were put in. None took:(. Named in their honor.

Names come to you. they can't be forced. Drive the car enough and it will tell you it's name.

BW

I agree that you just have to drive them until they develop a personality...

currently I have:

'00 Forester = Red (named after Red Foreman on That 70's Show, but it's also red colored)

'82 wagon = Handy Smurf (blue like a smurf, and handy because it always runs)

have had:

'81 hatch = Bert (the happy silver subaru)

'85 wagon = Earnie (although they weren't roommates)

'92 loyale = no name, no personality, didn't own it long

'88 wagon = Pearl (she was white)

'98 Imp wagon = Peter (it just seemed appropriate)

only the loyale was an automatic...

so just give it some time, and the personality and name will come to you some day...

--Spiffy

I've gotten lots of my vehicle names from songs or books. Most of the time, a name would stick suddenly and seem very obvious, whether I thought of it right away or after owning the car for a long time.

Memorable ones include:

Roxanne - 86 Lifted EJ22 wagon- "You don't have to put on your red lights" (and that car, although very lovable most of the time, could be a dirty w**** at times).

Fenchurch - 87 wagon - Named after the girl from Hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy who everybody thought was crazy but she had magical powers and could fly, much like the car.

Rita - 81 wagon - Named after Bob Marley's wife, which related to that phase in my life.

Aragorn - my dad's 91 chevy pickup that I grew up driving- Named after the "ranger" in the Lord of the Rings, who basically wandered around the land taking care of problems. Even if he didn't always know exactly where he was going or what his purpose was, everything worked out in the end. That truck wandered a long way thorugh some strange lands, and towed home many broken down subarus.

Mendoza - 98 yamaha phazer - The snowmachine that I learned to ride on, and still my all time favorite sled, named after a song by a relatively obscure ska band. "You're the only girl, you're the girl for me, Mendoza...and I don't know how, I can make it without you..."

Gandalf - 90 Ford diesel pickup - It's really old and grey, it's very powerful in magical ways, it does work for the common good, and it helps out the little guy. After it dies (perhaps by balrog), it will be resurrected with a cummins B-series swap, making it even more awesome and powerful. Exactly like the wizard in Lord of the Rings.

ALL of my vehicles get named.

92 Legacy wagon : Emily (yes, female, and yes, a stick.)

90 Legacy wagon I picked up for the Ex wife: Pegasus

78 Overland (made by Dodge) 30' Class A Motorhome : Felicity

My bicycle : Ocean, the depths that move us.

As I said, all of my vehicles. . .

My Forester was originally named "Blueberry" (lame!) because it is blue, but now it is called Arctic Warrior.

The Loyale I call "Beater with a Heater", my wife, who's Korean, calls it the "Haraboji", which is Korean for grandfather. In Korea no one drives cars more than 7 years old, so a 17 year old car with 138,000 miles (over 300k km) is very old for her :grin: