Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hold my beer and watch this.... :brow:

The last party I had with those friends we used thermite to melt a seized ej22 that came out of my car. Although we went a little overkill, we used FIFTEEN POUNDS of thermite on the engine block.... The explosion was so hot that 40' away we had to turn around and run. Then after we could look again, there was a river of molten ej22 running down off the block.

a few months ago, there was a box truck on fire on a local freeway service road. My wife made some comment about the stream that was gonna be contaminated with FD foam and water run-off. I said look again, backed up the u-verse pvr, it was a stream of molten aluminum! came from right under the front fender area and had run across several feet of grass! crazy

so, you guys gonna disassemble a Subaru with tannerite next?

a few months ago, there was a box truck on fire on a local freeway service road. My wife made some comment about the stream that was gonna be contaminated with FD foam and water run-off. I said look again, backed up the u-verse pvr, it was a stream of molten aluminum! came from right under the front fender area and had run across several feet of grass! crazy

so, you guys gonna disassemble a Subaru with tannerite next?

aluminum rivers are fun, magnesium fires are more fun!

Maybe if I end up with a parts car, I'll procure some more thermite.

I really want to see if I can melt through the lake this winter with thermite... :Flame:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hahaha, that's an awesome photo. :D Your hair wasn't that bad back then. I like that technology right next to ya! Seems like state of the art! Haha, but what is all that stuff? I'm young, but usually I can identify most technology in older photos. However, in your photo, I can't really. They look like radios of some description, but I have no clue.

You're right tough; it does sorta look like I have '70s hair, haha. I usually keep it shorter; I don't know why I haven't cut it. It's just that my hair grows so fast. If I cut it really short, like a buzz cut (which looks worse), it'll grow back out this long within two months. Probably less. So I kinda have to keep my hair longer to avoid getting it cut every week and a half. :-p

@79bratpdx thanks, that was one year of unadulterated beard growth. The odd white strands are starting to grow in too which make it all the better.

@98ImprezaWA You look pretty rough and tumble there with your Brat. I'll bet you get in all sorts of rumbles with the local toughs. Do your friends have to post bail for you every weekend or just every other weekend? Seattle just went up a notch in my book if you're out there cruising the streets.

Eli

BAHHAHAHAH

Yeah, those things are connected with "W I R E S"

Its from the days you might call "A N A L O G U E"

;):D

Hahaha, that's an awesome photo. :D Your hair wasn't that bad back then. I like that technology right next to ya! Seems like state of the art! Haha, but what is all that stuff? I'm young, but usually I can identify most technology in older photos. However, in your photo, I can't really. They look like radios of some description, but I have no clue.

You're right tough; it does sorta look like I have '70s hair, haha. I usually keep it shorter; I don't know why I haven't cut it. It's just that my hair grows so fast. If I cut it really short, like a buzz cut (which looks worse), it'll grow back out this long within two months. Probably less. So I kinda have to keep my hair longer to avoid getting it cut every week and a half. :-p

Most of that equipment is just a scope, voltmeters and frequency counters and a freq. generator.

T hat was in my first year or so of almost 12 years working on surface and borehole instrumentation for oil/gas exploration. (called 'logging' equipment in the biz)

this is pretty close to what my hair looks like these days;

3379327406_b2288f097c.jpg

Most of that equipment is just a scope, voltmeters and frequency counters and a freq. generator.

Yeah, I was also kinda thinking along those lines too. Hmm, nice to know though!

Hahaha, I thought you had actually found my YouTube videos. :-p But that guy does have pretty much the same hair! :D