Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Photoshop my Project XRBrati

I've just about convinced myself to keep it simple and paint this thing one color. The black carbon fibre hood and bed-liner will be enough of a 2-tone effect. Here's the shade of orange I'm currently thinking about, if anyone wants to give it a go w/ Photoshop...

PontiacSolsticeBrazen-28U-4.jpg

And here's the color on the native vehicle, complete with black accents.

PontiacSolsticeBrazen-28U-1.jpg

Anyone good with Photoshop want to give it a go, using this as the base picture to "paint". Don't forget the black hood! :banana:

Brat-010409-4.jpg

I've been tinkering with it. got a decent mask of the body done. then some "body work" to get it all one color without loosing the definition of the body lines.

Brat-010409-4.jpg

XRBratiprimer.jpg

I'll keep working on it.

EDIT: removed some of the other imperfections in the body. did the black hood and started on the orange body. I'll have to play with it some more to get it the same color...but here's an idea:

XRBratiorange1.jpg

Edited by Numbchux

Nicely done Chux! It's like you're taking it through the same steps that my paint guy will, laying down a primer coat first!:grin:

At the risk of being picky, the color's a bit too much of a pink/salmon shade vs. "burnt orange", but you've done a far better job than anyone else of capturing the overall look & feel. Thanks!:banana:

I agree, it's too light. working on darkening it.

I've also added a gradient layer so it isn't so much lighter on the front fender.

and a mask over the rear bumper so it's the same shade as the rest of the body....

will post another version in a few minutes

can you do a clear coat on photoshop?

played with a couple filters.....found something that gives it a little more definition kind of like the reflection off a glossy finish would. but most of that depends on how much reflection there is in the original paint job/picture.

XRBratiorangegloss2.jpg

Edited by Numbchux

Nicely done! :clap:

If you're at all inspired to get experimental (you've certainly already done enough though), one of my alternate ideas was to do a 2-tone, with the upper half black - the color line would be just above the door handle.

Again, thanks for the efforts. :cool:

Edit.... Don't know if it's easier at this point to "re-spray" the car, but here's a couple alternate shades of burnt orange I was considering.

2007DodgeNitroSunburstOrange-1.jpg

2007FordEdge-GW.jpg

Edited by DPDISXR4Ti