Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did you know about the fundraiser?

Of course you didn't. That's why you haven't bought a Subaru Girl T-Shirt yet. (click that!)

I know it's stickied in the For Sale forum but that's not good enough for me.

I was hoping to raise at least $8548512685 for the USMB but so far only a select few fine individuals have bought shirts. I think so far we've raised $0.85 for the board, and as the donation is at LEAST $5 per shirt, I have no idea how the amount is so little.. but the point is, you slackers need to pick up the slack and stop slacking and get a new T-shirt! Look, that shirt you're wearing now has holes in the armpits and Cheeto-beer-motor oil stains all over it. You know what you have to do.

Here's the basics:

I'm going to amass orders until the end of the month and then have the shirts printed and shipped. Money will be donated to the USMB at that time to the tune of $5 per shirt.

Any money left over after dealing with shipping and packaging and such will also be donated. None for me, all for USMB. Got that? Good.

Here's one that I've had for a while, to give you an idea of how brain-explodingly awesome these are:

SG_graphic_scale.jpg

They come in several flavors like Army Drab, Asphalt Gray, Black, Navy Blue, and Olive Green, and the ink can be silver, black, white, or gold (no, you can't get black ink on a black shirt, genius).

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!11

As much as I would love to buy one, there are 2 fundamental problems for me.#1: I would get slightly pummeled by my wife for wearing this shirt(because of the half naked girl covering her boobs), not to mention that I have two very impressionable children who are smart as a whip and it isn't exactly an image that I would want to put in their heads(especially my daughter). I mean don't get me wrong, if I were still a single guy I'd probably get a couple of them, but so goes the married life. #2: It wouldn't get here in time before I leave Okinawa. But I can see what I can do about hooking you guys up with a donation if that will help.

Patrick

That would be awesome; there's generic donation info on this page. I happen to be such a single guy without any real objections to this design.. I'll also offer that I didn't design it; it's been floating around the internet and I just made a production-quality version for this project (my version actually ADDED the "clothing").

I agree that it's a little lowbrow and not for all people or all places, and as far as objectification of women is concerned, this just doesn't cross that line for me. Everyone's got the right to their own opinion, of course.

also, this effort is up to $75 donated as of this morning :banana:

I dig it, and my wife thinks it's ok. There are far worse things when it comes to offensive. You should see the shirt I wore today, it has the Fword on it like 10 times. It says it about the mayor, the city council, starbucks, the governor, clay bennet, Oklahoma, etc. . . A cartoon girl on a soobie logo is like sesame street in comparison.

One of the ones I'm getting is going to a chick bartender at a bar I go to. :grin:

"You won't let your kids listen to this *******, but you take them to the theater to watch Swarzteneger"

I Really Will Love to Own one of those Nice T-Shirts in Black with Silver or White Drawing... about the Girl, well... I Like it, my Wife must have to accustom to That ... :grin: ... No Problem, I Believe that Design is Cool! :headbang:

but I Have one Suggestion and one Problem:

Suggestion: I`ll Love to Have a Deep Blue T-Shirt with the USMB Logo in White, that Design is Cool too!

Problem: No enough money for Now...

So I am Waiting to obtain enough soon... I`m Trying to Sell some Custom Wooden Speakers` Enclosures that I Made... :burnout:

There are far worse things when it comes to offensive. You should see the shirt I wore today, it has the Fword on it like 10 times. It says it about the mayor, the city council, starbucks, the governor, clay bennet, Oklahoma, etc. . .

I don't think a T-shirt you made with a permanent marker count :lol::lol::lol:

OK, thanks to everyone! I'm taking down the order page tomorrow (Sunday the 1st of March) so maybe a couple more last-minute orders can crawl in.

So far it looks like this effort pulled in around $120, maybe it'll hit $150 after shipping and printing are taken care of and I can see how much "extra" there is.

I'm also going to see about all shirt buyers getting credit for their individual donations; fair is fair.

cheers everyone!