Ultimate Subaru Message Board

loyale convertable ???????

All the cars pictured above will have steel reinforcements going from the front of the car, to the rear. I have seen 1 of those Verts, and the steel reinforcements hang down about 1 inch lower than the standard uni-body. I wouldn't suggest it without either beefing up the uni-body, or the car could buckle as soon as you hit a pothole/speedbump.

I wouldn't suggest it without either beefing up the uni-body, or the car could buckle as soon as you hit a pothole/speedbump.

Its people like you that take all the fun out of Youtube :P

hehehehe

Just make sure there is a video camera for the first pothole :)

I have personally seen a Loyale wagon that had the roof cut off and was beat HARD and never folded or broke. It's sole purpose was to beat on in the field and in the woods and it took it very well, Very flexy!! It made the suspension travel a lot more!

I have personally seen a Loyale wagon that had the roof cut off and was beat HARD and never folded or broke. It's sole purpose was to beat on in the field and in the woods and it took it very well, Very flexy!! It made the suspension travel a lot more!

Ummm, I'm calling BS on that one.

Pics, or it never happened :rolleyes:

Ummm, I'm calling BS on that one.

Pics, or it never happened :rolleyes:

Yeah I have no pics, but it was a white 90 Loyale and my friend cut the roof off and put 15" donuts on it with used old outback tires and we all beat the crap out of it. We also used it as a yard vehicle to haul around parts between the shop and the parts cars out in the woods. It was beat to crap and formed to the trail! This was several years ago so I don't have any pics. The motor finally blew and it was retired.

You could always add roll bars if you were worried about support I am sure you could weld something up my brother in law has lots of fun with this he converted two old chevies that way and they were rust buckets they called them the babe mobiles. I think it would give a jeep like look to a subie. They also would add support in a accident. I think that would fit the subaru style a little bit more a bit more rugged and outdoorish then those pictures they look a bit out of charactor for subarus. very lebaronish.