Ultimate Subaru Message Board

over all nice...

but why......

an MPG guage where the ENGINE TEMPERATURE guage should be :mad:

Come on, you already cut the guage from the non turbo impreza and i think? all foresters :rolleyes: Such a move may end up in a lot less 200K plus subarus... you cant see the temperature starting to sneak up and do something about it before the red light comes on.

If I ever get a new subaru... first order of business is having rallitek install a REAL temp guage :grin:

this will keep the cost of HG warranty repairs down, thus they can make more profit.

over all nice...

but why......

an MPG guage where the ENGINE TEMPERATURE guage should be :mad:

Come on, you already cut the guage from the non turbo impreza and i think? all foresters :rolleyes: Such a move may end up in a lot less 200K plus subarus... you cant see the temperature starting to sneak up and do something about it before the red light comes on.

If I ever get a new subaru... first order of business is having rallitek install a REAL temp guage :grin:

also, what is the new rear suspension change? i looked at a brochure and it looks to take away clearance near the wheel/shock mount, not increase clearance as they claim.

I would wait and buy a 2011 with the temp guage, or whatever year they bring it back. .

I think the rear roof line kind of looks like an Altima...We just got these in at work and man they are something....we've yet to get a GT though...good news is the engine, at least from the looks of it didn't change to terribly much...so the base model 2.5i now comes with an optional 6 spd?...Cool!..:lol:

also, what is the new rear suspension change? i looked at a brochure and it looks to take away clearance near the wheel/shock mount, not increase clearance as they claim.

I would wait and buy a 2011 with the temp guage, or whatever year they bring it back. .

Temp gauge is gone. There is valuble realestate on that dash, and by federal mandate it seems there is nhow a MPG gauge on the dash. you want a temp gauge write subaru and tell them that. There is still a chance there is an engine temp readout on the senter information panel, I am not sure.

nipper

I would hope for a hybrid dash. Digital dashes are a PITA, thats why so few cars use them.

Yes a hybrid would be nice.... my freightliner has some digital (ok only volts, miles and hours and diagnostics) and the rest analog, but its still neat to know i am exactly at 14.0 volts :)

When are these showing up at dealers? My baja is due for a recall ECU reflash... so while its in there I may drive one :slobber:

Yes a hybrid would be nice.... my freightliner has some digital (ok only volts, miles and hours and diagnostics) and the rest analog, but its still neat to know i am exactly at 14.0 volts :)

When are these showing up at dealers? My baja is due for a recall ECU reflash... so while its in there I may drive one :slobber:

Some dealers have them just to show them off before they go on sale. Call your local dealer. I may go and see how much they want for a 2009 :)

nipper

I am sure the little light that turns Red will notify you faster or atleast get your attention faster then a guage IMO. The light probably trips really soon like at 220F. I am pretty sure the front read out has a ECU temp read out regardless.

The styling doesn't appeal to me ATM, still prefer a lower sharp edged stance I guess I could call it like the previous model. This one is to um, round per say lol. Wouldn't mind giving it a test drive just out of curiousity though!

I am not fond of it right now either...I like the front but the back I do not... but then I didnt like the new Impreza when they released the photos.But ended up being one of the first people in my area to buy one cause I loved it in person...even more after the test drive.

So not going to hate on it like so many do/have with the new Imp...but Meh..its just Meh IMO. But I am a wagon person ..I still am not fond of the Imp sedans...but love the 5 dr.

Legacys just arent my style I think...I mean I LIKE my 95 wagon..but I dont LOVE my wagon...to me its just a beater with a heater.

Edited by Bucky92

I do like the fact that they pretty much kept the front end the same.

But it looks like a Buick in almost every other way :-\

It's too luxury car, but I guess that's what the Legacy has become.

I just wish they would make a new platform to base the Outback on, because

I see the cushiness making its way into the outback, but I guess that's what

the Tribeca is for :eek:

Twitch

The car has just grown into a pig. The styling is bland....knock off of most other cars out there. I'm just not a fan of the little things they've changed. I've always been a legacy fan over the impreza, but I feel that tide has changed. I prefer the styling of the new impreza over the legacy....

The car has just grown into a pig. The styling is bland....knock off of most other cars out there. I'm just not a fan of the little things they've changed. I've always been a legacy fan over the impreza, but I feel that tide has changed. I prefer the styling of the new impreza over the legacy....

It's the law of the car biz. A model must grow in size over the years. Subaru is different no more. It only took 20 years in the case of the Legacy. However, I don't think it will last another 20. Too bad.

I really don't know anything about the cooling systems in the newer cars, but it seems to me they're so reliable nowadays that it's almost unecessary to have a temp gauge. As long as the hoses, thermostat, coolant flushes, and water pump are done at proper intervals there should NEVER be any issues with cooling. Early EJs (EJ22s, EJ18s) could have gotten by without temp gauges. It is, however, a necessity on an EJ25 or an EA82.

I really don't know anything about the cooling systems in the newer cars, but it seems to me they're so reliable nowadays that it's almost unecessary to have a temp gauge. As long as the hoses, thermostat, coolant flushes, and water pump are done at proper intervals there should NEVER be any issues with cooling. Early EJs (EJ22s, EJ18s) could have gotten by without temp gauges. It is, however, a necessity on an EJ25 or an EA82.

Exc pet for when you loose a belt, the water pump starts leaking, your low on coolant, the thermostat gets stuck open or closed.

That reasoning doesnt fly. It is totally necessary as catching a 100.00 failure can save you from a 7000.00 engine replacement. It is just foolish to think nothing ever breaks, thats how you get into far more danger then taking measures to monitor conditions and stop them before they happen.

nipper