Ultimate Subaru Message Board

@#$%)*))&@#!!! ea82 front breaks :/

Just an idea... I was told that one of the old sprinkler valve wrenches fits the grooves and will turn the caliper down you could just grind off the end and attach it to a high torque drill... cuts down on the time spent hand cranking. If its too tight for a full size drill a right angle drill might work. My brother in law told me that... cant say that I have tried it myself. But might be worth a shot.

If you completely remove the bleeder screw they thread right in without much effort. Messy, but less frustration. I just use a pair of needle nose pliers and they go right in *almost* every time. I have run across a few that were broken and wouldn't thread in at all..... but that's another problem at that point.

GD

o yea sounds like fun im getting ready to do the breaks on mine for the first time and in figured they were push in. but the screw pistons are common on rear brakes as my mr2 has them. this is the tool that us mr2 guys use im not sure if it will fit the subaru but when i get to changing out the brakes ill let yall know

http://www.oem-tools.com/product_info.php?products_id=1369

I've seen the tool at Northern tool and the like. just a little square piece with a different combination of studs sticking out of each of the sides, and a 3/8s square, so it can be used as a socket.

and yea, my 200SX rear calipers have that too.

+1 for bleeder screw removal.

That's what I use. It works... as long as it doesn't slip. New/reman calipers/pistons might fix the slippage.

Can you not just use a c-clamp to compress the piston? I haven't done EA82 brakes, but that's the way I learned to do it. . . .

No. These Subaru front calipers are connected to the E-brake and need to be screwed back in. They will not compress with a clamp.

The rear calipers will work with a disc brake clamp (or c-clamp).