Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Just a quick RX update. I have installed a nice oil cooler complete with -10 lines it took some finagling but it's in there. This monster should help the new engine live a bit longer life. This is one advantage to living in NASCAR land I paid $60 for all of it. Photos are below....

1a1dc025.jpg

Note: I have straightened the bent fins on the radiator and my co-driver will be getting an ear full

2bfa6e01.jpg

8fa4a872.jpg

Edited by vagen

I would be skrewed if rust was part of an inspection. I think there is more rust than roo.

I'm glad those things don't happen here or there would be more cars used as lawn ornaments.

n1114842834_30306011_3609.jpg

This another picture is better,

DSC00632.jpg[/img]

My sister's friend has 1986 BRAT parked, since 1995! Due to motor is seized and lot of rust.

Seized engine in a 9 year old car, WTF? Shows the owner didn't take much care of it.

The owner would like to fix on BRAT but rust is much and unable to inspection sticker. That's why. He has current 05 or 06 Legacy Sport wagon.

P.S. He let me, I grab parts from his for my BRAT or my sister's Brat. :)

Some rust is fine usually. It's big rust holes that they don't like.

I picked up a new door for $18 though, so it's all good :)

haha I LOVE texas. you don't even have to have doors to pass, or bumpers. Hell I passed with REDRILLED wheels. as long as all the studs have lugs, they know no better. hell you don't even have to have a windshield, but quirk in the law states wipers must make full contact with windshield, so take the wipers off and it passes!!!!

Replaced the Burnt Out Sylvania Silverstars with Sylvania Extravison or something like that. Tried to get the check engine light to work but its a no go. So if i want to see what codes its throwing i need to have the computer scanned.

Silverstars and Silverstar Ultras are the best bulbs I have bought. Work wonders on my Loyale!

This another picture is better,

DSC00632.jpg[/img]

My sister's friend has 1986 BRAT parked, since 1995! Due to motor is seized and lot of rust.

You would see a picture like this as an ad, with a beutiful blond hanging off the brat, in perfect condition.

It would be funny to have a new take on that ad.... The car as it is in the pic above, only with a more "senoir" blond or a drag queen in a blond wig :0

ah yes vicodin good ....

I think i may be in trouble :banana:

The punch list is much shorter and may require a call to my Insurance company soon.

I flushed the cooling system (1 gallon)

Flushed the CVT Tranny (4 qts Mobil one).

Backed the Justy out of the driveway to do the coolant, yes i am evil and dumped the coolant all over the road. IN the process of backing it out, the Justy took off like a bat out of hell. On a justy CVT the CVT operates Forwards AND in reverse.

That was too much fun.

The car drives like it is on rails.

this does not bode well for my insurance rates.

Cruise is over rated :-p

I grew up in vehicles without cruise and drive two Subarus without it.

Ah yes grasshopper, i too.

But then having a L4-5 disc fused together with nerve damage has changed what i like and what i need. i would kill to be able to drive a stick again too. i can't drive far without cruise anymore.

Ah yes grasshopper, i too.

But then having a L4-5 disc fused together with nerve damage has changed what i like and what i need. i would kill to be able to drive a stick again too. i can't drive far without cruise anymore.

Well that sucks, sorry to hear it. At least you HAVE driven stick, I have yet to do so. But I have rode a KM100 5-speed!

Cruise is nice to have during interstate driving, my rump roast and legs start to hurt if I drive for 4 hours straight in the Loyale :grin:

Well that sucks, sorry to hear it. At least you HAVE driven stick, I have yet to do so. But I have rode a KM100 5-speed!

Cruise is nice to have during interstate driving, my rump roast and legs start to hurt if I drive for 4 hours straight in the Loyale :grin:

i actually use it around town too. Stick is easy. As long as you can drive a stick, you can always drive out of town when the Zombies are woken up the fallout from the nuclear war.

Continuing work on Project PandaWagon:

th_d34923bc.jpg

So far I have the power steering reservoir done and filled, the coolant expansion tank installed with all the coolant hoses except radiator done.

th_a1452c95.jpg

The radiator has been a bit of a challenge since there are not very many dual and tri core radiators that fit in that small area. I have been contemplating going redneck, if I cannot get a small enough radiator for the front, and put the radiator on the roof, but I am not sure I will be able to get good heat transfer there. Hmmmm...

th_0e825661.jpg

I finished off most of the body and engine rewiring. I did a test and so far, things look good. I still don't have rear power door locks or reverse lights, but I'm getting there.

I did a quick test of the ECU and I have a blinking CEL, but I cannot get the laptop to communicate with the ECU - the laptop assigned the serial card's ports to COM7 and COM8 but the software only goes to COM5. Will have to see if I can reassign the COM ports to something a little lower so the software can see it. Since I don't have oil or coolant installed, I cannot see if it will start. Besides, I need to drain the tank - it's about 2 year old gas in there!:eek:

I don't have pictures of it yet, but I picked up a sandwich adapter and installed the EA gauge, an aftermarket pressure for oil pressure and a aftermarket oil temp gauge. I also installed the coolant temp, oil pressure, and oil temp in a gauge pod on the pillar. I plan on adding the sensor for the in dash coolant temp gauge too. I wired in the low oil pressure sensor from the EZ30 into the dash idiot light too. That was interesting, since the car originally did not use that light since it's a GL, but I decided to go ahead and add it in there just for the heck of it. I just pulled the light from the AT temp light, put it in the oil pressure light socket, and spliced into the harness. :grin:

I was hoping to have it ready for Subiefest, but I am not going to get it finished by then. I still have to finish the brakes, exhaust, alignment, shake rattle and roll test, and clean the interior before taking it on a long drive as that. :( Oh twell, maybe next year.