Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

came to the realization that when i floored it the weber would only be 3/4 of the way open. so i adjusted my cable. pulls a lil bit better :D oh i painted the custom bumper i made too. (its about 3/4 done) heres a b4 pic. ill be sure to get a pic up today when its lighter out

11-19-10_2225.jpg

I'm digging the lights I have some that need to be mounted up however I need to find a gear first.

Does anyone out there have distributor gears for an ea81 I need both the crank gear and the distributor gear. Then I can put the motor back together. I got the engine bearings today and yesterday I got my pistons:grin:

I put a new thin radiator fan and radiator temp switch in my GL.

I went to get into my legacy outback at 5:45am and the driver's side mirror was dangling by a few wires. The po po said there were 5 others in the neighborhood. "Do you think it was kid or a plow?" he asked. I said that judging by the 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground I'm going with plow.

the following should be finished tomorrow:

timing belt w/ new tensioner and all idlers, new waterpump, reseal oil pump, crank and cam seals, new clutch kit and flywheel, valve adjustment, new valve cover gaskets, updated oil separator plate, new rear main, pretty much every hose, and some other needed love.

the credit goes to GD and it has been awesome watching and learning from him. really helped me and the family out on this one.

Well, it's not my Subaru, but GirlWithALegacy's 98 Lego obliterated a timing component.

Idk which one as I'm 300 miles away from my tools and am borrowing crappy off brand tools from a friend.

Not to mention I'm lacking a 22mm-7/8 socket >_<

And with minimal funds available, it may be difficult to get said socket.

Anyway, so I'm tearing apart and trying to fix someone else's Subaru.

Oh, and another rant item.

The previous mechanic (PO's didn't know a spark plug from a lug nut) rounded off the a/c belt tensioner

pulley bolt and I ended up breaking the adjuster bolt casing, or whatever the bolt threads into, trying to get

it to let the tension out on the belt :banghead:

Twitch

PS: Post #1000! :banana: and it only took me 2 years, 4 months and 15 days! :cool: