Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

Ok, this thread has been getting a lil' light on the Awesome Subaru "BRAT" side of things so here's one for ya'! Cabela's is one of our clients and I'm currently working on redesigning their packaging and I was doing a stock photo search today on shutterstock and what do I see, I said to myself..."No Friggin' Way!"

attachment.php?attachmentid=10398&stc=1&d=1355946898

P.S. Let me know if any of you want the high-res version of this bad boy, I downloaded the 8.5 x 11 at 300dpi version! Although, of course it's for "EDITORIAL USE ONLY!" ;)

post-37776-136027661739_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

Got some new fender mirrors in the mail today. The same ones you have, 1982gl4. So far, I love them! Installed them and went out and did some night photography. :D

P1130396_ps_small_zpsd8c76555.jpg

Those look awesome on an ea82 :headbang:! I absolutely love mine. It takes a while to get used to where they are, but after you get used to that, I think they work very well.

Nice set of pics, jj421!

Thanks!

"just pulling my reefer unit around"

Haha, if my wagon was just a little shorter, I would've parked under the trailer and taken a picture. I think an EA81 wagon with no roof rack is short enough to fit under some trailers. :-p

Those look awesome on an ea82 :headbang:! I absolutely love mine. It takes a while to get used to where they are, but after you get used to that, I think they work very well.

Fender mirrors are my favorite thing ever on any car, haha. They look a little out of place on my wagon, but not bad. Just need to figure out what to do with where my door mirrors were. Figured I'd just put some black duct tape over it or something. :cool: For me, door mirrors are always a bit awkward, turning your head so much and whatnot. Fender mirrors are much easier for me to get comfortable with, and I have almost no blind spot now. :D Just too bad I can't see much in the mirrors at night in the pouring rain. :dead:

P1130447_8_9_fused_small_zps1c8bd200.jpg

Edited by jj421

well on the passenger side you can put a DL filler panel, but not sure about the drivers side... maybe a JDM piece available??? Or... an 85 window setup... they had the windows on the door and not the little triangle... not sure how they look with all the trim removed though, so the the door MAY be structurally different. Worth looking at though. You may be able to just get away with new door trim and new (used) glass.

Those are Nice Photos of a Nice Subie, I Like how the JDM Fender Mirrors does Look on your Subie! icon14.gif

Did you use 1156 LED Bulbs in 6000K for the Corner Lights?

My "BumbleBeast" is 1985, so the Mirrors are mounted in the Door, around an inch far from the Glass, and it does cover the whole area.

Let me Post a Photo to Show you.

Yeah, I've tried the black triangle from a DL. Unfortunately, the holes don't line up so it doesn't fit. It doesn't bother me much though. Like I said, from far away, it's not noticeable. But I'll be on the look out for a door. However, it's hard enough finding a junkyard Soob with my color code, let alone a specific year. And I don't see it being worth it to repaint two doors, haha.

I'm not entirely sure about the temperature of the bulbs, but they are LEDs. If I remember rightly, I bought them from superbrightleds.com, and they were entitled "Cool White" or something along those lines.

if there are mounting screws on the outside of the door, you can try cutting a piece of sheet metal to fit. drill the holes to mount it with, then paint on bedliner or even liquid latex or something. would look professional, if not stock.

unsure how those mount on, from the inside or outside though.

Remember this Post?

A JDM "Maia" Version of the Gen III Leone:

SubaruLeoneMaia.jpg

Note the "MAIA" Badge.

...What is MAIA?

Subaru has used the "Maia" Designation many Times...

In example, the Subaru 450 Maia (a Bigger engined 360):

Subaru450Maia.jpg

More info in the "Strange & Weird Subaru Stuff" Thread... as Usual. :-p

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53434&highlight=Maia&page=96

Then Subaru Used "Maia" and "Maia II" for Special Editions.

There were Gen III Leones with Maia and Maia II Designations; both got the Fat Case EA71:

http://exchange.goo-net.com/catalog/SUBARU__LEONE/4501970/

There also were a Justy "Maia" Version:

http://specs.cars-directory.net/subaru/justy/1.2_Maia_20264.html

I Found the Complete History of the Subaru Leone (Gen III) Maia Edition:

SubaruLeoneMaia-1.jpg

and about the Diesel Leones, here's a Photo:

LeoneVanDieselbyNissan-1.jpg

leonevan2tl3-1.jpg

As Usual, more info on the "Strange & Weird Subaru Stuff" Thread: ~► Here.

Kind Regards. :burnout:

Tommba you have found the website I have been searching for quite some time. When I first saw it I started saving pictures like crazy and then I never saved the name of the website. So much awesome photos in that website, thank you. :D