Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

Yep, I be wanting it. The '82 had A/C, but everything under the hood is goned...:-\ Still have the evap coil inside, but that be it.

Well, consider it yours. Will be hell of a lot cheeper to ship this to MI then to the Westcoast.

I used to have an A/C compressor from my EA82, but I sold it to Scott (xbeerd) then he threw it in the back of a wrecked 2000 Outback for more weight lol!

*Cough* I would need to use the money you give me, for fuel then... Thats not fair :grin:

What size are these Headlights? 7x6"? I'm looking for new units, On ebay it looks like they have new Headlight units but with Halogen bulbs vs Sealed beam.

Why does Rockauto only list the 1983 GL with a 1.8? Isn't the EA81 a 1600 not an 1800?

Answered my own question, Wiki. EA81 is a 1781cc motor, So its the same Cubic Centimeters as an EA82. Huh.

Edited by TheLoyale

Looked at those pics of the CC module again.

It does appear that at least the mount bracket for the hood release handle is there after all.

That loop of wiring is sorta blocking the view, so I can't see the whole thing.

There should be a cable coming out of the same grommet the wiring harness does just to the right of the wiper motor. It then runs along the inner fender to the radiator support.

Believe we already talked about that though.

Take a look at the underside of that rotor.

An actual OEM (or proper OEM replacement) rotor has TWO spring steel inserts (one of them the contact) where it mounts to the dizzy shaft.

I ran into this a while back, when I was having trouble keeping consistent timing. The ones with just one insert does not fit tight enough onto the dizzy, and allows a good deal of play.

Idasho, Yes, I noticed that too. The long shaft version Rotor only had one spring insert, and was to small to fit onto the Disty. The Short shaft version I bought, fits snugly and has two spring insert things. So it should be correct :headbang:

James, Alright sounds good. Yeah if the cable is any good grab it :) Yeah we got hit with some real sticky heavy powder last night, all ice underneath and slushy as hell. Sticks to the Trees and Phone lines real nice :-p

Brent, That thing looks pretty nice, Is it an '82? Wish mine was a little cleaner, but guess I'll have to make that happen my self :cool:

SubaruGL003.jpg

SubaruGL002.jpg

SubaruGL001.jpg

I need to replace all these lines (Sucks they go behind the Dash!) How much BS is it to remove this dash? Easy as a Legacy?

SubaruGL005.jpg

SubaruGL006.jpg

SubaruGL007.jpg

SubaruGL008.jpg

SubaruGL009.jpg

SubaruGL013.jpg

Is this adjusted incorrectly? One side is longer then the other.

SubaruGL014.jpg

Found this under the carpeting? For a Keyring?

SubaruGL010.jpg

SubaruGL015.jpg

I need to replace all these lines (Sucks they go behind the Dash!) How much BS is it to remove this dash? Easy as a Legacy?

SubaruGL005.jpg

it's not that bad. It helps to remove the windshield to get to the front bolts. The rest is basically unbolting things until it comes out. There are a couple screws that are a paint to get to. Once you do one or two it's pretty esay :-p

Floors look pretty decent. better than my Fwd. Shouldn't be all that bad to fix by the looks of it!

I guess at this point, I might as well just take the Dash out (Since everything else is out lol)

I really just want to replace the entire line and not splice into the original, I tried to flare the smaller line, I have a decent single flare, and it started leaking (Hence the rubber hose with clamps HA!)

I just want to do things right, figure I might as well since I have the Toyota to drive until Summer (Then I get the Loyale out!!)

:banana: