Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brake line resources......for lift

monstaru

• 2 weeks later...

How big are you going? Shouldnt need brake lines extended untill over 4" of lift.

I had custom softlines done up at a brake shop / warehouse. The fittings are a common metric size so they had plenty on hand. The softline was about $20 / foot. About another $10 / line in hardware. Hardlines I buy at Fleet Farm. They have the correct size fittings and diameter hardlines in stock.

As for sizing up what you need I just went in with an old male and female fitting from hardline to softline. Then just made sure what I was buying screwed in properly. Should be pretty easy to nab some from a junkyard :)

I have never done it on a subaru but on other 4x4s I have gone to my GOOD local parts store and used the brake line appliction catalog to find longer lines with the same fittings on either side.

sorry no specific info.

That is exactly what the 'ol boy at brake shop did for my Sub. It took him a few minutes, then he ordered them for me and sold them to me for cost. I gave him a five for his trouble. Later, Tim

Where do I get those clips and metal tabs that secure the ends of the flexable brake lines in place?

The metal tabs left with the old body...

They are just zip tied now..."Summer" would appreciate it. :-\

Thanks,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

on an excursion to the parts store i had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity....i asked if the rear stock lines were longer ,and they are zap,like you said.brand new and voila'........i will be picking those guys up.and it is not that i will need an extension with 4 inches,just that i would rather be safe than sorry.

For my 4" lifted Brat, After making 2 trips to the local napa autoparts place for getting the wrong parts, we finally came up with an idea. We took the REAR brake lines from my 81 parts car brat and matched it to fit perfectly for the fronts. they end up being a little long even at 4", but they work.