Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I can smell your jealousy from here

Hi all, thought I'd stop in.

Was looking on Craigslist, and there was an ad: 1982 Subaru wagon, runs good, $100. My friend Robby and I rode down to the guy's house with a tow dolly.

EA81, tick of death, started with a jumpstart after sitting for a year, needs a carb rebuild. 4spd dual range. 3rd eye. Exhaust pipe sitting on moustache bar. Needs muffler. Needs a clutch. Has A/C. Needs blower motor resistors. Rocker panels rusted, but no rust on any suspension parts. Sweet roof rack. Screwdriver for ignition key.

I'n other words, it's perfect.

BABE rally, here we come.

EA81, tick of death, Exhaust pipe sitting on moustache bar. Needs muffler. Needs a clutch. Has A/C. Needs blower motor resistors. Rocker panels rusted, but no rust on any suspension parts. Sweet roof rack. Screwdriver for ignition key.

I'n other words, it's perfect.

BABE rally, here we come.

How can we be sure if it really has all the rust and other exciting options with out pics? You could have purchased a non-perfect wagon and are trying to deceive us by claming its perfect?:brow:

We need pics!

EA81, tick of death,

If the engine is original, then it's got solid lifters. Which means it can't have "TOD". At least not in the sense that term is generally used.

Solid lifters just DO make noise. You can help the situation by doing a valve adjustment (required every 15,000 anyway), but they will always be somewhat noisy.

GD

If the engine is original, then it's got solid lifters. Which means it can't have "TOD". At least not in the sense that term is generally used.

Solid lifters just DO make noise. You can help the situation by doing a valve adjustment (required every 15,000 anyway), but they will always be somewhat noisy.

GD

It'll be like owning an air-cooled VW all over again!

lucky!

here in bc, $100 subes are harder to come by. i live in a mountain town with a population of ~30 000 and i swear half the town has loyales or gl wagons. the other half drive cavaliers. the only parts cars i can get are from saltair (sube wrecking yard) for much more than they're worth.

good score.

• 5 months later...

I still don't have any pictures...

But I was serious about the Babe rally.

http://www.baberally.com

I've paid the registration fee, and my sister and I are going. I'm going to fix the brakes, turn signals, and muffler so it will pass inspection, and that's it. Damn the oil consumption and slipping clutch.

If anyone has a semi-good clutch disc lying around, I'll paypal you $5 plus shipping (you know, in case I have to pull the engine and replace the clutch in a hotel parking lot. I'm not above doing that.)

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, still no pics. i did finally get a cord for my camera, though.

I have to fix the exhaust, and maybe replace the taillight, and it might pass inspection. The 3rd eye even works!

BABE Rally coming soon...

I still don't have any pictures...

But I was serious about the Babe rally.

www.baberally.com

I've paid the registration fee, and my sister and I are going. I'm going to fix the brakes, turn signals, and muffler so it will pass inspection, and that's it. Damn the oil consumption and slipping clutch.

If anyone has a semi-good clutch disc lying around, I'll paypal you $5 plus shipping (you know, in case I have to pull the engine and replace the clutch in a hotel parking lot. I'm not above doing that.)

$12 bucks at AUTOZONE, Vendor Direct Product. 2 or three days...