Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Damn light posts ALWAYS jumpin out infront of me!

Took the wagon to the off-road park yesterday for a fresh mud bath. After 3 days of rain, we finally had some very very sweet mud to play in.

On the way home, I was driving and aproached an intersection. The intersection had a right turn lane, but i wasnt able to get to it cause it was blocked by the Toyota in front of me. There was enough room to go around, but i had to get the front passenger tire up on the curb to make it. Well, as soon as the tire reached the curb, the force of the tire climbing the curb pulled the steering wheel out of my hand, and it made a hard right turn RIGHT into a telephone/light post. One of those 16"-18" diameter wooden posts. The car was still accelerating, and it drove RIGHT INTO the post. Happend before I could even react.

No major damage, no injuries and best of all, no damage to anything except my Wagon. Drove to the nearest parking lot, cut away the bumper, removed the fender and drove home. Imagine all the looks I got when people saw this driving down the street:

wreck_001.jpg

wreck_006.jpg

And one more to show just how much fun I had an hour prior to the accident:

wreck_004.jpg

More pix, of course, here:

http://usmb.net/gallery/albuo10

Already have parts lined up. Looks like no structural damage other than the headlight assembly. Shouldnt be hard to buff out.

-Brian

my buddy got a sticker like that for his 79 Datsun wagon. it was hilarious cause people would give us the weirdest looks rollin around in that thing. Geez Brian, maybe you should watch where those posts are comin from.....me, I woulda just gone through the nearest yard and pissed the owners off BIG time......not like I've ever done that in a Camaro before:eek:

The border to the sidewalk was a Safeway parking lot. I didnt even realize the post was there until i hit it. I was paying attention to the toyota next to me, i wanted to make sure i had enough room to clear her car.

Its not like I drove onto the sidewalk, and hit the pole, the pole was less than 6" from the edge. Had i seen it, i most likely wouldnt have tried it.

But yeah, oh well... no hard feelings. Im thinking of painting the front end of my car black anyhow, so im not too conserned if the paint codes dont match.

-Brian

Originally posted by Hondasucks

I think it is time for a "If you don't like my driving stay off the sidewalk" sticker Brian

sorry if you dont believe me, but i stated thet phrase, sust to be surprised that someone already said it on a bumper sticker!

anyway, TrashWagons have been seen driving around with no fenders.

trashwagon4 was flipped, impounded. i drove it out of the 'pound, and pimped it around town.

after i fixed it up by making it a (worlds only) 2door wagon, i was cruising with no tailgate and no rear bumper.

the Chief of Police himself deemd the car "unsafe" after i got it stuck atop a snow plow mound at the library parking lot.

officer planck: "What kind of exaple do you think you are setting for these kids out here?"

this fox:"I think they get a kick out of it"

they laughed when i told them my buddy was coming out in a Grand Am to get me unstuck. a quick tug and i was free.

and then there was the time i got stuck on top the dirt mound at the city maintenance bldg.

officer traster: "what are you doing?"

this fox: "tryin out 4-wheel lo!"

Originally posted by XSNRG

That sucks dude...but i'm pretty sure it says on the driving exam not to drive on the sidewalks!

True, but sometimes it is handy to be able to hop up on the curb to fit around a ford expedition thats unable to fit in its lane.

Driving on the curb with no sidewalk on the other side of it takes true skill :D (yes ive done it... had I gone too far over the car woulda slid down and gotten hung up on the A-arms :( )