Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Reason To Come To Tennessee(BRAT Sold $5000)

Stopped down at the Subaru place today to talk to my buddy that works the parts department, the guy next to him asked if that t-top BRAT outside was mine, I said yeah and he pointed me toward the showroom. I became weak in the knees when I seen this. 96k original miles, the owner of the dealership bought it back in 84 and left it in his garage the whole time. I would be scared to see what it would go for on ebay. The clear coat looked better than the 08 Impreza setting outside. The only camera I had is the 2.0 megapixel one in my cell, wish I had brought my digital camera. Here we go, hope this makes your day as much as mine.

0814071039.jpg

0814071038.jpg

0814071037a.jpg

0814071037.jpg

0814071036.jpg

I cry Faugh! on the owner for such a crummy looking engine bay on such a BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!

I hate to say it like that, because its a BEAUTY OF A BEAST, but man.. couldn't you (yah, i know, not YOU, heh) spend some time cleaning the engine bay once in a while? maybe re paint the intake snorkus? Rub a little tire dressing on the hoses and rubber bits? It isn't that much more difficult to keep a clean engine bay than it is to keep a clean exterior.. We have oil leaks and dry rot to fight under the hood, rust and paint fading to deal with on the outside.

Whatever, about that, though.. STILL a knockout car. Thanks for the pics mang!

Hope that sucker has good insurance (theft):-p

On a side note. Cars are worth more if they are unmolested. That means even doing touch up stuff like painting the snorkus and cleaning the engine bay. If you watch some of the classic car auctions of SpeedTV and ESPN, those are the ones that fetch the most money.

It means they are "All Original" :headbang:

I cry Faugh! on the owner for such a crummy looking engine bay on such a BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!

I hate to say it like that, because its a BEAUTY OF A BEAST, but man.. couldn't you (yah, i know, not YOU, heh) spend some time cleaning the engine bay once in a while? maybe re paint the intake snorkus? Rub a little tire dressing on the hoses and rubber bits? It isn't that much more difficult to keep a clean engine bay than it is to keep a clean exterior.. We have oil leaks and dry rot to fight under the hood, rust and paint fading to deal with on the outside.

Whatever, about that, though.. STILL a knockout car. Thanks for the pics mang!

The hood wasnt originally popped, probably for that reason, I had to ask the receptionist if it was ok. It had the original spare tire and check, and the factory tool kit that said "Subaru 4WD Turbo" on it, looked like it never had been opened. I bet it could go for an easy $10K on ebay. Or is a good candidate for Barret-Jackson.

Thanks Kyle...

Now I've gotta go change my underwear...

I knew of all people you would enjoy this. Shannon, you should call down there and see if they can email some better pictures of this thing. Would be great to have for the 2008 USMB calendar.

It had a sticker on the bottom left corner of the back glass that said "Air Conditioned By Subaru". Also hard to tell but under the door handles it says "Special Edition". Too bad I wasnt born a few years earlier so I could enjoy something like this. I would like to be told when I get older: "Kyle, you were conceived right there on that bed carpet".

reminds me of a couple dealers here in frederick, the honda dealer has a very old civic in mint condition, all original. even has a sign saying "dont even ask if its for sale"

then down the street from there is the nissan dealer, used to have a skyline gtr 34, i think, in the showroom, last time i stopped by they had a newer skyline, basically the g35, or what ever we got, but the real deal from japan. ppity that one looked like crap, totally riced out :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a Turbo Brat. I cant wait to fix the rear end but its cherry otherwise. 104K miles, has stickers in the bed that I have never seen before telling how to stow a blown tire back there and such since it wont fit under the hood with the jack. Will be a show stopper when I am done fixing a few things for sure.

I have a Turbo Brat. I cant wait to fix the rear end but its cherry otherwise. 104K miles, has stickers in the bed that I have never seen before telling how to stow a blown tire back there and such since it wont fit under the hood with the jack. Will be a show stopper when I am done fixing a few things for sure.

Shawn, I would like to see these pictures of these stickers. I have never heard of those before.