Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS10 Location and Date Set!

awesome!!!!

since its the 10 anniversary shouldnt we make it a little longer???

-just a suggestion.

Zap,- make the mudpit huge and a lot of different terrains so every kind of soob can hit what it was built for. (suggestion again)

sounds kick rump roast and you can count me in with my first ever appearance to a subaru show with my very own subaru.....to show. lol yay!!!!!!:Flame:

-Dalton(totally stoked on wcss!!!)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome!!!!

since its the 10 anniversary shouldnt we make it a little longer???

not a bad idea. I am not sure how this will work for the location's calendar, but I am sure that we could do some sort of roving celebration in the Oregon campgrounds / trails.

Has anyone done any research on Astoria to see what family activities are there? If not I can head that up, granted I will be only able to do it via the 'net and phone calls, so if someone local wants to do it that would be fine.

BW

Has anyone done any research on Astoria to see what family activities are there? If not I can head that up' date=' granted I will be only able to do it via the 'net and phone calls, so if someone local wants to do it that would be fine.

[/quote']

The location has tons to do and see. We have some infomation on our website (under the directions button) - and plan to add some links in later

http://www.westcoastsubarushow.com

Simple seraches of that area will show many things to do there - Cannon Beach is a MUST and so is the Astoria Column!!

If there are other attractions locals know of - let us know so we can add them to the website and provide infomation about them at the show

me too need some awesome offroad action, we can get anyone unstuck (just ask Monstaru):banana:

whats at long beach??

Well I havn't actually been to long beach yet. But I always hear of people going wheelin' there. I would assume lots of sand. Maybe some hills. Not sure if they have full on dunes there though.

Lots of things to do and see in and around Astoria. While in Astoria check out the Maritime Museum. I was there about 6 years ago and it was a "yawner." The exhibits have been re-done and when we were there two months ago, I could have spent another 3 or 4 hours there! Much improved.

Head south on Hwy 101 (ocean view highway) and there are lots of things to see. Cannon Beach with Haystack Rock is one; further south is Manzanita Beach if you want to see/walk along the Pacific Ocean with about 5 miles of white sand (Manzanita is where I first saw the Pacific after growing up on the east coast). About an hour further south is the Tillamook Cheese Factory; lots of cheese and delicious ice cream. A couple of miles more to the south in Tillamook is the Naval Air Museum which is certainly worth a look. Somewhere south of that are the Sea Lion caves where you can see them lounging on the rocks. That's as far south as I've been.

). About an hour further south is the Tillamook Cheese Factory; lots of cheese and delicious ice cream. A couple of miles more to the south in Tillamook is the Naval Air Museum which is certainly worth a look. Somewhere south of that are the Sea Lion caves where you can see them lounging on the rocks. That's as far south as I've been.

keep going down the coast and you hit Sandlake were we go sand duning each year its 30 minutes past tillimook Scott

whats at long beach??:banana:

There isn't much wheelin but you can drive on the beach for miles, it is the worlds longest beach. Don't get caught having to much fun though it is state highway and they will site you for reckless driving. IE cookies, driving in the dunes etc. I had a friend get a $1,000 ticket on one trip. When doing cookies at night make sure you turn off your headlights or it can be seen from town but it's a blast crusin the beach :burnout:

You can cruise up and down the beach just north of Seaside as well.

Oh yeah and something cool to check out would be Fort Stevens right near Astoria.

They may even have one of the big gun restorations done....? (not sure, have not been there in a couple years)

http://www.visitftstevens.com/ (that'll give more info)

And there's the ship wreck sticking out of the beach just outside the fort as well.

ALRIGHT!! count me in of course! Dont know which soob I want to bring this year. It'd be neat to bring the wagon if it is running by then (haha). IF nothing else I'll bring the brat again, THIS time with real offroad tires.

Honestly the WCSS is the highlight of my life every year.

BTW... Ive been to long beach before... Behold the 8th wonder of the world. YOU TOO can observe the WORLDS LARGEST FRYING PAN!!!!

-Mike

• 3 months later...

Well, I just found out today that I can get pre-sale tickets for a old "Super Group" for a concert on Aug 15th :-\

The group is YES. I'm still a big fan and I've wanted to see them since the early 70's.

This sucks :mad:

If WCSS was close this year, it wouldnt be a issue. But making the drive down to Astoria after a concert would be rough.

Unless I thought I was back in the 70's and I ..................nevermind :rolleyes:

Is it the origional line-up of YES?

You know, if you managed to get home and in bed after the concert, by 2:00a.m. on the 16th. Then back on the road by 8:00a.m. You could still have plenty of fun at the show.

Believe me, it crossed my mind. Plus thers a $ issue. Just a general admission ticket is $55, plus if theres swag to buy....:rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the line up yet. It might be the clincher on whether I go as to who will be playing.

Ok, heres the line up:

The band will consist of Anderson, Squire, Howe and White, with Oliver Wakeman.

Oliver is Ricks son. Which should be ineresting.

• 1 month later...
Well, I just found out today that I can get pre-sale tickets for a old "Super Group" for a concert on Aug 15th :-\

The group is YES. I'm still a big fan and I've wanted to see them since the early 70's.

This sucks :mad:

If WCSS was close this year, it wouldnt be a issue. But making the drive down to Astoria after a concert would be rough.

Unless I thought I was back in the 70's and I ..................nevermind :rolleyes:

That is a tough one....I saw Yes back in '91 with both original members and new ...it was an incredible show!!!:headbang: