Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Introduction for a long time member

I've been a member for a few years, but this is my 10th post ever.

I've always sort of considered this to be an 'old school' subaru forum, and stuck to nasioc/rs25 for the bulk of my posting. However, me and my gf just bought an 83 Turbo Brat so I feel like its time to start getting into this side of things!

A few of you have probably met me, I'm one of the insane Canadians who show up to WCSS every year. I've had an entirely different looking car every year I've been there, so it's a little hard to keep track

WCSS8 - White 92 Legacy Turbo

WCSS9 - Red 98 2.5RS

WCSS10 - Blue 98 RSTi

WCSS11 - Flat Black Widebody 98 RSTi

With any luck next year I'll be bringing the Widebody again and my GF will be bringing our new Brat!

I've wanted one for years now, but never seen one even on the streets around here, nevermind for sale.

Pics will be coming soon, of course!

Ahh thats better :D

I'm a little confused about this car though.

It's an automatic with the push button 4wd, but according to the vin its a non-turbo, but everywhere I've read it says the 83s only had the automatics as an option with the turbo motor

but the picture of the engine bay makes it look like its carbed

I just want to make sure I bring the right parts with me when I go to pick it up, I have a feeling its going to need a couple things before I can get it running well enough to get it home.

jf2at53b7df is the first chunk of the vin

Edited by Splinter

No pics of the Brat yet but here's the rest of the family:

Stock 92 Legacy Turbo (for sale, $1000)

IMG_4911.jpg

Stock 98 2.5RS (for sale, $6000)

rswheels.jpg

92 SVX with an 06 STI 6MT swap (for sale, $6000)

18.jpg

98 Widebody RSTi

saltspring3.jpg

And the black sheep, 79 Trans Am 403

polished.jpg

Apparently it's not a turbo, oh well, I won't feel so bad for chucking the stock motor and dropping in my spare ej22g :banana:

brat1.jpg

Chuck that 3AT before your engine swap, throw a 5sp d/r in there THEN do your

EJ swap.

It'll make your life easier :)

Unless you're gonna pull an Rguyver33 on us... :D

Twitch

PS: 5sp d/r = 5 speed dual range

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel filters and maybe a pump, can of seafoam for when its started and starting fluid, if it has sat for a long time. Fuses and some hoses just in case. I got an 87 that looks the same as yours but my tailgate is shot. I'm putting in my ej now with the 5spd d/r! Nice lookin'!

get in touch with saltair. they seem to have a supply of old ea81 subies. finding a tank shouldn't be hard. i have the one from my gen1 but i'm sure it's different.

or i could give suby jim a call but he is moving and he is clearing out his cars.