Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blizzard of the Century

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Had hail about the size of accelerator pump check balls for a bit. And light rain, and WIND.

Had a tarp over some 2"X8" clear Ash wood, pine I have planed, etc. It ripped that old tarp to shreds.

That wind is rocking the house and stuff blown all over.

Doug

Damn thats alot of snow! Weird how IA is getting hit hard while WI isn't too bad. Maybe more torwards the west most part of WI its even worse.

Whats funny about this pic is, it almost looks as if someone stuck an XT front clip on a Brat :)

Mick, is your '72 Chevy 4WD?

:lol::mad::lol::mad:

yeah, Brat is still dead, though the boy did a good job cleaning it off today (mostly)

yeah, the '72 is 4WD :banana:

well, I just got back inside... that sucked! 2 hours straight with my 9 hp snowblower... the end of my driveway was filled in 3 feet deep in an area 16' x 8' probably... and the long circle drive was interesting figuring out where to put the snow and not cover other vehicles, etc....

it's usable for now....

I have to admit I am a little jealous. we have cold weather but no snow but on the same note as my heater is not working AGAIN (I just flushed it and it worked for about a week now it seems to be clogged again) I am glad we only have freezing weather went out to start the subie today and I had a jug of water in the car (gallon milk JUG) it was frozen solid. so it is definatly cold here. I also wish my rig had 4 wd still trying to find one with it.

Heres what we got in WI today, Most was heavy wet packing snow - but now its very cold and is turning into light drifting snow. Its still coming down so I know the total will climb even higher by weeks end (My B-day is Friday!)

Pictures!

It was about 9-10"

2009_1209Test0012.jpg

2009_1209Test0011.jpg

2009_1209Test0013.jpg

2009_1209Test0014.jpg

Yes - that is the sun.

2009_1209Test0015.jpg

Perfect Snow Flake.

2009_1209Test0002.jpg

Now just something to get everyone in the Christmas mood :grin:

SnowFlake and Henri:

2009_1209Test0009.jpg

Happy Holidays guys!

-Tom

Hey mick, in all seriousness whats going on with the old girl. Seems to of been nothin but trouble since castina.

not really, It's just been sitting since Castana because of the body adjustment I made :)

I've actually had it running a couple times since then, but when I went to jump it this time, I cooked something.... I think it was just my power conditioner I had in front of the CB and radio... but I think all 3 things are dead now. I think the conditioner was giving me the battery drain problems before, so this could be a good thing :)

will get some pics and video tomorrow. visibility too low today to even try that.

Guess i dont have to go to work yet another day.

BRAT has a battery that i had not replaced when it went bad a few months back.

06 outback does not like deep snow, threw a CEL and cruise light blinky after pulling nto some deep stuff at a parking lot that had not been plowed, didnt look as deep as it was, had to rock back out of and gunned pretty good. Ended up pulling battery cable to reset that crap. researched and the CEL with blinky cruise light cold be many things, my guess is i got the wheels spinning in the front, and the back started to grip, so fronts were likely spinning at say 50mph and the back at about 10mph, so that will cause a trip for the ECU. dunno, will have to see if it stores a code.

note to self, General Altimax tires not nearly as good as the Yokahamas that were on my purple wagon or the yoka's on my white ss.

time to search for some good tires again.

Edited by bheinen74

Heres what we got in WI today, Most was heavy wet packing snow - but now its very cold and is turning into light drifting snow. Its still coming down so I know the total will climb even higher by weeks end (My B-day is Friday!)

Pictures!

It was about 9-10"

2009_1209Test0012.jpg

2009_1209Test0011.jpg

2009_1209Test0013.jpg

2009_1209Test0014.jpg

Yes - that is the sun.

2009_1209Test0015.jpg

Perfect Snow Flake.

2009_1209Test0002.jpg

Now just something to get everyone in the Christmas mood :grin:

SnowFlake and Henri:

2009_1209Test0009.jpg

Happy Holidays guys!

-Tom

nice pu.... ah nevermind. i wont go there.:grin:

cute cats!

here's my little buddy, Kuma.

545d89f9-3f27-4896-8d37-600f8eaba34a_568x426r0.jpg

98f30ef0-a5b6-4cfb-b591-e727bb0a90a8_568x426r0.jpg

and after a morning at the park...

a32b2dca-5025-441a-905d-7cf0033bd6ca_568x426r0.jpg

the pic i took of her in todays snow didnt turn out. but i attempted to be on topic :)

Heard tell that we had about 3" of snow before it switched over to rain early yesterday morning, turning it all into so much slush..

Do know the '85 BRAT did not like that slushy crap one bit!!!! Even in 4WD, it was all over the place. If I got out of the tire tracks of other vehicles, she would dance all over the place. Those tire tracks were down the center of the road, so I had to get into the actual lane when there was on-coming traffic.

Made it out of the driveway with no problem in 2WD, but when I got onto the pavement with the slush, she didn't want to move very good. OK... 4WD it is... Felt like shifting it into 4WD dropped out the front and just drove the rears she was so squirrly. Reminded me of the '68 Chevy 1/2T 2WD I had many years ago.

Got good tires, but I guess they are not for slushy conditions. Had them on the '86 BRAT last winter, and they did good in the snows we got then.

So I don't know.... Maybe a frontend issue I haven't found yet. Didn't drive it in any snowy conditions last year. Really not wanting to do it this year either, but I have no choice right now.

Took an hour and 10 minutes to make the drive into work. Usually about a 40 - 45 minute drive. 8 miles of that slush crap before I got to a plowed road, and couldn't go faster than 25 MPH. Trip to work is a little over 32 miles oneway. Really wasn't wanting to have to drive the whole way in that...

Damn thats alot of snow! Weird how IA is getting hit hard while WI isn't too bad. Maybe more torwards the west most part of WI its even worse.

Whats funny about this pic is, it almost looks as if someone stuck an XT front clip on a Brat :)

Mick, is your '72 Chevy 4WD?

well, didnt take any pics - too darn cold. Official total in Wausau (about an hour from us) was a little better than 11 inches. here it was hard to say what we got cause it all got blown around with the 30-35mph winds!!:eek:

We had drifts of nearly 4 ft in some places and bare ground in other places....

and got snow up under my hood again this year! :mad: not nearly as bad as last time, when it was packed solid, but still agrivating!

I believe we ended up getting 15 inches or so. Which is pretty good considering we dont get snowstorms like that around here. They finally started off clearing up the parking lot good around here. I had to help a lady get her minivan unstuck lastnight. I wish i had a towrope i would of just drug her out. Thinking towroap and snow shovel are the next purchases. Sure ill dig ya out for 10 bucks. Anyways looks like the throttle is still stickin so i think im headed over to my fatherinlaws shop this weekend to try and figure that out.