• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

i worked all weekend, so did the boy.

since we got a couple of days of rain, the frame got flash rusted. we spent saturday breaking the car down to get her in the garage....then he went to work with the wire wheel.

i worked on fingering out the toob mounting........go the dash hoop, and b pillar hoop tacked in on saturday.

then this morning was spent fingering out the a pillar pieces.i really like the look of pinned in pieces , so thats what she got.

and the eyebrow, well, thats so common it's ridiculous......but it looks cool, so thats what she got.

cheers, brian

its not designed to turn.its for straight lines only......

:lol:Awesome. I'm guessing that things are quite done in that area, and that the frame rails will be modified a bit. Looks great!! You are doin very good work, great welds etc. Keep it up, and I can't wait to see the final product!!

what is the O.D and wall thickness of the tube your using?

it's 1.5 .120 wall DOM...:brow:it'll have some 1.25 hrew .120 wall mixed in for some splices, and gusseting.i am probably gonna need about another stick or two of the 1.5......but we will see.cheers,brian

• 2 months later...

this is sitting in my garage waiting for cars to leave my driveway sos i can start working on it again.......

but, all of the tube you see up there is welded in now.

IMG_4220.jpg

i changed a few things in the plans too, so , i think i SHOULD be able to drive it off the trailer for the SHOW.....but it might not even be painted yet :rolleyes:we'll see.the ol'lady has a lot planned for our weekends so far.and i have my own plans(offroad meet:grin:, SHOw)....so we'll see.

cheers, brain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

picked up a toy front axle for it.have been gathering small parts here and there as well........now i just need somewhere to work on it.:lol:i am to the point that i have to have room to build with the axles up so.........which is how i should have started.but did not have the room then either.....and wanted to get going.

i have been in school for a couple of quarters now,and will not have much time to work on it next quarter either.but, i AM making progress here and there.

i can get rid of all of my zuki stuff(two complete sets of axles, one disassembled, front 5.13 third from tracker , rear to match that.some spacers, etc...)now.so i will be able to get this going.

i have no need for upgraded parts for the axles right now because i will be running small 33" tires:lol:.then when i get up the road a bit, i can upgrade axle internals and rocket up in tire size.

the zuki axles had upgrades but the max was 35"tire i think.....if i remember right, anyways......that was with full on chromo axles.

i was either looking for a full size set of axles.....or some toy axles, and i have the rear axle in my sites from one of my brothers old rigs., as well as a couple other things.SO, that is about an update.cheers

• 1 month later...