Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok, here we go again: part deux

monstaru

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I come to your home and just sit in front of the tires and oogle them?

:slobber:

why yes, yes you can.i will probably let you touch them.but you can't tell my wife....:clap:but you should wait to see what will be here this afternoon before you decide on bib size...... LOL

cheers, b

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
He means don't poke the beast.

Get over the issues and repost your pics. Some people like me are genuinely interested in what it looks like. Regardless of how much you paid for it, or how it was executed.

again he sent me this link after i asked about it.. no bs here

im not posting my projects on forums anymore i get all worked up when ppl say shiz over and over.. lol its w/e :banghead:

Anyways most of the photobucket pics are moved or deleted, the popcorn dude was me lettin you know the thread is lackin what you were tryin to show me.

ill stay tuned

Edited by True2Blue

It's all good fellas.

He and i have been talking via PM..

I have been lookinbg through thousands of photos all weekend.Only found a few.I'll get'em up later.For some reason an entire album is gone from photobucket,so, as i pull stuff out to work on it this fall i'll take more photos.

cheers

0501001444a.jpg

0103011534a.jpg

H1 rims,got rid of those tires , and got the 38's below

IMG_3902.jpg

layout.......

IMG_3985.jpg

2.0 fox air shox

swampers.jpg

some new meats

etc......

doin some cleaning of axles.gotta finish welding some stuff, and add the gussets.

I gotta order them, and some wheel centers this week.....

cheers

Edited by monstaru

I noticed your going to use Suzuki axles, you think they will hold up to those massive tires and low gearing, I'd be worried about snapping axle shafts. And I'm liking your tube frame set up looking forward to seeing this one driving.

I noticed your going to use Suzuki axles, you think they will hold up to those massive tires and low gearing, I'd be worried about snapping axle shafts. And I'm liking your tube frame set up looking forward to seeing this one driving.

NoNo, I moved up to Toyota axles.And honestly if I find a Dana60 front in the mean time of finishing the Toy axle I will swap to those as I already have a Dana 60 rear.

And the majority of those pics and this thread has been the progression all the way through my process of "upgrade".The more I built the more I wanted to build.LOLThen I realized that if I was gonna build a rig I still wanted to have it look like a subie.So the hatchback is now in pieces.Like little pieces and a front clip.which will go back onthe chassis.Then the fat meats.shooting for like 22-25 inch belly.Trying to keep the width around 68ish, but well see.

The chassis is even further than in the pics.I have to get stuff moved around to get it back out of storage to take more pics.

I have some other goodies too...

IMG_5472.jpg

10?gallon fuel cell,and char lynn steering valve with single ended ram.

IMG_5471.jpg

Its coming along.I have some good time during school this quarter and can be using tools in the school metal shop.Cool.I'm working on a few things.So, It should work out well.It is slow going since I started school, but I am coming around to time .cheers

Edited by monstaru

Got some more done today.

Finally was able to get the bottom gussets to look and fit how I wanted.

Only took 5 tries......

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

Got my free char lynn steering valve to the shop to get checked out.So we'll see whaty goes dowwn there.

should be able to cut out the centers to my beadlocks soon.then i can mount the tires.

cheers

NoNo, I moved up to Toyota axles.And honestly if I find a Dana60 front in the mean time of finishing the Toy axle I will swap to those as I already have a Dana 60 rear.

I have (2) Ball Joint, High Pinion Dana 60s that I'm not in need of. I've been trying to sell them as sets with the matching rears, and any needed drivetrain components. If you get serious let me know, I might be convinced to sell just a front, and send the rest to the crusher. They are in complete trucks. Keep it in mind, or spread the word if you know anyone in serious need.:burnout:

I have (2) Ball Joint, High Pinion Dana 60s that I'm not in need of. I've been trying to sell them as sets with the matching rears, and any needed drivetrain components. If you get serious let me know, I might be convinced to sell just a front, and send the rest to the crusher. They are in complete trucks. Keep it in mind, or spread the word if you know anyone in serious need.:burnout:

I am in serious need.:-p:clap:

I would love to talk about this more seriously.As I could finish this axle set,then sell them,the locker, and H1 centers.

PM comin your way........cheers:brow: