Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many Soobs have you owned twice or more?

I owned one 3 times. Bought it at an auction, sold it to a Soob mechanic. Bought it back from him a year later, lifted it, sold it to a fellow in Idaho. 5 years later, bought it back from him and drove it back to Washington. Then I sold it to another board member in Portland.

9-10 years ago, I bought a Brat off of craigslist. Sold it shorly there after to a board member. He's nursed it along all these years and still has it. Today, I'll buy it back.

I've owned a few of 'em twice.

One was a 87 GL. Got it given to me, sold it, then got it given back when the rust got too bad. I parted it out for a front end for my EA81 Wheeler Wagon

Another was a 86' GL-10 turbo 4wd. That one was really rusty. I bought it trashed, fixed it up and beat the snot out of it for 2 years delivering pizza in Wisconsin winters (I was the only one with on time deliveries in snow storms, made me more money per night than other guys) Sold it to another delivery guy and he drove it another year or so till the frame started buckling and it was unsafe. Damn Salt. He gave it back to me for a part out.

I've also been a "shepard" for lots of my old subaru's from person to person, as people are always asking me about who's got a subaru for sale.

Now if anybody out there has still got my Metallic Brown 86 GL wagon originaly from Oregon but then I sold it in Wisconsin :crying: and now it's who knows where but his name is "The Mighty Quinn" I will buy him back.

I owned one 3 times. Bought it at an auction, sold it to a Soob mechanic. Bought it back from him a year later, lifted it, sold it to a fellow in Idaho. 5 years later, bought it back from him and drove it back to Washington. Then I sold it to another board member in Portland.

9-10 years ago, I bought a Brat off of craigslist. Sold it shorly there after to a board member. He's nursed it along all these years and still has it. Today, I'll buy it back.

Actually i'm 3 hrs south of P-town. WOW it's been just over 2 years and still puttering around great and no you can't have it back! :)

I've got 2 repeats...

my very first soob. a silver 2wd '82 wagon. I got it back about 2 years after I sold it. it had a blown apart motor, and I just decided to part it out... sad too, because it was still a rust free soob in Iowa, but 2wd....

my second multiple is Mountain Grizzly. I'm on Round 4 right now, and it will be the last.... no one else will own it...

I got it from board member DesertSoob from California, back in 2000.

I sold it in 2003 to a friend in town. He drove and wheeled it for 2 years, then he also bought a lifted '87 wagon from me in 2005, and then later that year, he gave me Mtn Grizz back, as long as I took the motor out of grizzly andf put in his '87... I then fixed up Grizz, and transferred it to my Dad. he drove it for a year or so, and then I got it back from him... needed some more work, and I drove it for a bit, then sold it to BlueBaru in 2007, and I just got it back in 2010....

Two of them... and '82 2wd wagon, and an '87 4wd wagon.... they were both projects I got for cheap, then friends needed cars so I gave them a subaru... then didn't need them any more, so I reclaimed the subaru. The '82 wagon actually went around to two different friends, and I had it in the middle, and both ends.

My first Brat I owned was a 1987 that I bought from a friend in 1990. I drove it for about a year and then sold it back to him. About 9 months later I bought it back and and drove it as a second vehicle for a couple of years then sold it. Wish I still had that one.

I haven't bought back any that I've sold, but our family has. Our first family Subaru purchase was an '82 gold DL Brat bought by my middle son, Paul. When Paul had an "incident" with it, he sold it to my oldest son, Eric. Eric restored the '82 to usable condition and drove it for many years. It almost was lost to an insurance company last year after suffering a minor accident. :eek: It stayed in the family when we sued in small claims court for a fair settlement and did not have to turn it over to the insurance company; it even avoided a salvage title designation. :) I bought the '82 Brat from Eric last month to replace the blue '84 Brat that I bought from Zap 9 years ago and sold back to him yesterday.

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=630

Edited by edrach