Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Thank you for sharing those Pics, I really Like those Trophys icon14.gif

They're Better than how I Imagined they could be.

I Wish I could drive my "BumbleBeast" Subaru to one of those many Subaru meetings you have in USA, but I'm so far away and in my Li'l country, people only think about Rude 4X4 Machines or Super Riced Street cars... So I'm alone here with the only Lifted Subaru Wagon around, also I'm the only one who drives a Subaru on the Mountain travels I go with the 4X4 team, as you can see in the Many Pics at my Facebook album.

Again, congratulations my Friend, your Subies are So Special & Beautiful.

Kind Regards.

kewl pic, Tom. =)

I do have one question for you tho - how do you manage to get away with running that Japanese plate on the front? The cops dont hassle you about that?

Dont get me wrong, I think it is cool - just wondering how you get away with it? LOL

we dont have any Subaru specific shows up here, just regular car shows loaded with classic muscle cars and older stuff. I dare say that if you were to bring that car to one of the shows up here, they would scratch their heads trying to figure out what class to put it in! LOL

Used to take the old Ford F250 to shows when I first got it - got first place 2 years running in the "Truck/Van" class at one show. Still have the trophies, but sadly, no longer have the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

From a fellow 3AT-er, what is your cruising speed generally on the highway? I usually keep it at 4k, which is about 68 mph. Tend to get 25 mpg +/- 2

Curious to see what you get with the tires you have

All Loaded up and ready for Michigan. 600mi Round-trip, gonna see what type of fuel milage I get with the 3AT and 27s.

Just thought about it, this car has been with me through every event in my life, its always the car of choice. :clap:

DAMN...! That was one HELL of a trip! Thanks for the good time Tom, always enjoy shooting the sh*t and whatnot. I also have pictures, which I will post later on, I need some sleep. Been up since 8am Friday, no shut eye, and roundtrip driving (Chicago was entertaining) :cool:

As for cruising speed. For the most part I am at 4000rpm at about 60mph (65mph with the tires) If I run it up to 4300rpm I'll be at 70 on the speedo, 75 actual speed. I have ran it up as high as 4700rpm on the interstate a few times, close to 85mph.

Dunno what the milage is, I forgot to record it, boo!

And no, I don't have an trans cooler on it. I've never had the AT Temp light come on, even under hard continuous driving.

But yeah, this here Wagon did one hell of a job today!

4000rpm at about 60mph

I wonder what's up with the discrepancy between your speed at 4k and mine. It's not much, I guess it could just be a mixture of speedo inaccuracies and other such etc things;

I do, however, have a picture of my 3AT enduring 6,000 rpm at 100 mph, but you saw that I think :headbang:

Glad to hear about a trouble free trip, I'm hoping for the same thing for my 10,000 mile cross country expedition the end of this month.

Let's go subaru reliability!! lol:burnout:

I wonder what's up with the discrepancy between your speed at 4k and mine. It's not much, I guess it could just be a mixture of speedo inaccuracies and other such etc things;

As he stated, he has bigger tires, so the actual speed was 65mph, but his speedo showed 60mph.

Congrats on the trouble free trip!

As he stated, he has bigger tires, so the actual speed was 65mph, but his speedo showed 60mph.

Congrats on the trouble free trip!

Yeah, I had read that, but as *I* stated previously

I usually keep it at 4k, which is about 68 mph

Thus; the discrepancy that I'm curious about.

:drunk:

Yeah, I had read that, but as *I* stated previously

Thus; the discrepancy that I'm curious about.

:drunk:

That is kinda interesting, and you are running stock tires? Who knows how accurate either of our speedos really are. I judged my speed via Speed clock on the interstate last night, my speedo is about 5-6mph slower than I'm really traveling.

Which kinda sucks, as its about a 614mi trip to MI from my place, and my trip meter is only at 575 or something.

I wish I had a better picture of downtown Chicago. It was surreal seeing it up close, the city skyline appearing out of the darkness. Its amazing how tall the Sears tower is, wow! Is there another building in Chicago that looks like the sears building? Because I saw two.

2012_0804AH.jpg

Eastern Sunrise.

2012_0804BC.jpg

2012_0804BE.jpg

2012_0804BF.jpg

2012_0804BH.jpg

2012_0804BI.jpg

At the Wal-mart on US12 in Coldwater, MI.

2012_0804BL.jpg

2012_0804BM.jpg

2012_0804BN.jpg

2012_0804BO.jpg

2012_0804BS.jpg

Made it to Tom's in Hillsdale.

2012_0804BV.jpg

2012_0804BW.jpg

2012_0804BZ.jpg

2012_0804BY.jpg

2012_0804CA.jpg

Got caught in a downpour leaving Jonesville all the way to Coldwater. I thought there was a Tornado with the horizontal rain and white-out conditions.

After the rain in Coldwater.

2012_0804CB.jpg

I80 West 25mi out of Coldwater.

2012_0804CD.jpg

2012_0804CE.jpg

2012_0804CG.jpg

Thanks again to Tom for the good time and for the parts! We will indeed do this again.

:popcorn:

Yes, need to do another meet. But,,, need a few more peeps to show.....

And yeah, shortly after you left, they put us under a severe thunderstorm warning.

Didn't get much here, but I could see the radar of what you were driving thru. Not good......

Growing up right across the Hudson from Manhattan, and being in Manhattan very often, I've driven around the country and seen a few cities, and I started feeling like NYC had spoiled cities for me, every place I saw I was like "This is your city? It's three blocks long" :rolleyes:.

Then I went to Chicago. :D

Chicago is a beautiful city, and the only city that has overcome NYC's shadow in my eyes (so far).

Some beautiful shots you got of the sky there, that's why I love driving around opposed to flying. You get to see/experience some pretty amazing stuff out there on the road.

Oh and

That is kinda interesting, and you are running stock tires? Who knows how accurate either of our speedos really are. I judged my speed via Speed clock on the interstate last night, my speedo is about 5-6mph slower than I'm really traveling.

Which kinda sucks, as its about a 614mi trip to MI from my place, and my trip meter is only at 575 or something.

Yeah, the Loyale is bone stock haha. I'm not sure if I'm familiar with those speed-clock devices you mention, though maybe I am; just a sign on the highway that shows your current speed? We've got those things on the toll booth's on the highway, but not on the highway itself.

I've always wondered how accurate *those* things are, as well, as there's always a small discrepancy between that and my speedo as well.

We all know most of the gauges in our 'roos aren't too accurate to begin with, I'm sure the speedo is no exception lol

And that little aspect about the odo reading being off because of the tires, that's one of the only things that's kinda been deterring me from getting different rims/tires :-\

Also TomRhere; I'm really loving that brat of yours *and* the silver wagon. I think it looks great with those rims on it!

Sorry for the long post. I return this thread to the OP :drunk: