Ultimate Subaru Message Board

moved

True2Blue

not strong enough for the STi and too close to front axle

i talked to marlin and ott they both recommended a triple case setup to push the tcase back far enough to get everything operative but it was gonna cost over 2k in adapters and shift rods id still have to get the cases..

so i thought a w58 tranny would do the trick (afters hours of searching and reading up on the w series transmissions) i started lookin for a RWD and a 87 supra with 80k popped up. I tried a sami tcase but i was in the learning process (always am) and found out after buyin it that it just wouldnt work.. so NP205 came up as a bomb proof tcase that was divorced in some rigs. Traded the yota tranny for it and now were in business.

why wouldn't the sammy t-case work? (and do you still have it ? :) I could use a spare :)

looks like you need softer springs because the tires arn't really tucking that well.

so what are you building this creature for?Lots of horsepower and flexy suspension= rollover in the mud.lots of horsepower and flexy suspension and high center of gravity=rollover on rocks.

not strong enough/wrong side drop

yea i still have it

i know a guy that ran dana 60s, with 40 inch tires on a 6.5 geared sammi case for 4 yrs.plenty strong.

and, sammi cases are passenger side drop just like the toy cases.thats why it is so easy to do the axle swap on sammi's.

If people actually did research instead of listening to other people you wouldna sound like an rump roast when you say thinigs that just aren't true.

thanks! i hope to get it in a magazine when its all done:grin:

it would kill the haters:)

Yes, because magazine automatically = awesome. :lol:

I've had my 4" lifted '88 wagon in 2 different magazines (SubiSport and 4WD And Sport Utility). I might have had a grand into it.

We know the COG is too high to be useful because those tires are completely, 100% below the body work. You could fiberglass over the wheel wells entirely and still not have any tire clearance issues.

You're obviously just building this thing to put a mod list on the windshield and park it on flat ground at a car show and impress people with how much money you spent on it. And if that's what you want, than cool. knock yourself out. I could build 5 or 6 dream rigs for the money you've put into this. And it's probably not any more capable than it was when you bought it.

It would look good on some Thornbirds!

Yes, because magazine automatically = awesome. :lol:

I've had my 4" lifted '88 wagon in 2 different magazines (SubiSport and 4WD And Sport Utility). I might have had a grand into it.

We know the COG is too high to be useful because those tires are completely, 100% below the body work. You could fiberglass over the wheel wells entirely and still not have any tire clearance issues.

You're obviously just building this thing to put a mod list on the windshield and park it on flat ground at a car show and impress people with how much money you spent on it. And if that's what you want, than cool. knock yourself out. I could build 5 or 6 dream rigs for the money you've put into this. And it's probably not any more capable than it was when you bought it.

It would look good on some Thornbirds!

hahaha, you said what the whole forum was thinking

i personally would think its the most badass rig ever with all the parts you have- and two feet lower:)