Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Awesome Older Generation Picture Thread

20140210_172811_zps840e9fd7.jpg

Scooner 6, 1985 Subaru GL D/R, I traded a guy a gun and $150 for. Had been sitting for a long time because the battery was dead, I brought a battery the next night and drove it home. This is the car I did my first EJ22 swap on about 3 years ago, ended up selling to a dude named Mike in denver who has a subaru repair shop. I absolutely loved how raw nasty this one was. It was a complete sleeper and I beat many of people.

• Like 1

Almost, but No... the "Biggest" / Luxury package shall came with Digital A/C buttons, Digital instrument cluster, Air filter on the Dashboard (Notice the Air Filter on the Upper roof Lamp) better upholstery seats, trip computer, etc... this model is more "Battle-intended".

If you see at the Dashboard, it has Manual Choke.

Kind Regards.

I hope you're not serious.. 1990_Subaru_Justy_AWD_For_Sale_Front_res

EDIT: Maybe you thought he was talking about the other pic posted, not the one he quoted?

Ok, What am I missing here...that looks like a Justy to me...if I am in error please (gently) correct me...

(and at least give me credit for properly identifying the Matracks!)

and yes, I am fairly new to the board...and as such, still open to learning what may be known to one such as I.

but the premise of my original statement remains...

Matracks + Subaru = Wicked Cool!

quietly,

timothy

Ok, What am I missing here...that looks like a Justy to me...if I am in error please (gently) correct me...

and yes, I am fairly new to the board...and as such, still open to learning what may be known to one such as I.

quietly,

timothy

Definitely IS a Justy. Don't let mister high-and-mighty/all-is-forgiven get you down.

If it was an EA81 hatchback, it would not have 4 doors (plus hatch). Also, just look at the grill. Does that look like any EA81 that anyone has ever seen?

• Like 1

Well figured I'd post some pics of my newly lifted wagon. B) More will come later as I go offroading more. But wow, so much ground clearance, haha. :eek:

P1130905_6_7_fused_zps4516a1b9.jpg

P1130908_09_10_fused_edit_zpsed351f07.jp

P1130912_zps2e035643.jpg

That's a great looking wagon my friend! Mine is similar to that, I've been meaning to go pick up some 1/2" or 3/4" square tubing to weld up a basket for the top of mine. What wheel/tire combo are you running?

quietly,

timothy

It's cool I was just being funny, the justys came in 4 or 2 door variations. They look extremely similar and the only reason I knew it was an EA81 was because I've seen the vid that still is from before which I just posted. Too bad it's not clearer and longer, I want  to see more of this beast. Stick around here and you'll learn more than you could ever learn on any other Subaru board.

• Like 1

That's a great looking wagon my friend! Mine is similar to that, I've been meaning to go pick up some 1/2" or 3/4" square tubing to weld up a basket for the top of mine. What wheel/tire combo are you running?

Thanks! Yeah, I plan on getting/making a roof basket soon. Probably gonna be buying one as I don't have welding equipment. But I need a better place to put my spare, need a place to mount some offroad lights, and I need a place to mount a CB antenna.

Wheels are 14" Pug steelies that I painted black; Tires are General Grabber AT2, 27x8.5R14. Bought them brand new from Discount Tire, where they matched the price from Tire Rack. Got the tires, plus mounting, plus balancing, for $525.