Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '83 GL: The Ski Wagon

TheLoyale

I was thinking that kink might be to mush, don't think it'll round out with some system pressure? My EJ22 had a good kink in it (Since I replaced that hose as well) and it seemed to do fine. I will see if the parts store has a pre-molded elbow, I don't want to wait 3 weeks from the dealer. :lol:

If I do mess with that intake bolt more, I will go the Heli-coil route, I hate retapping holes (never want to tap the same hole twice, if you catch my drift) ;)

Why can't you just work with me, EA81! I must break your spirt and own you.

Buy a Gate's 28466 hose. Has proper 90* bend and is correct ID for fittings, just need to trim it.

Fits both EA81 and EA82 waterpump to heater lines.

i always ask for a ford hose that has 2 bends. it is probably the same hose as mentioned^^^.

Sorry Tom, couldn't resist. Back to the car, it is looking incredible, nice job on the body work and cleaning up the engine bay. Looking forward to doing the clutch (if needed). Maybe you should give more thought to going to tech school and becoming a certified technician. Might as well get paid to do what you like and what you're good at.

I have started on the drive side rockers today, I cut off the old, I sectioned the new rocker, like I did before, I test fit the new rocker in place, and it'll fit like a glove. Then tomorrow, comes time to weld it in place, and start the repeat process over again, Spot weld, Pull into place, spot it, pull, spot it. Then lay down a solid bead!

2012_0517AA.jpg

2012_0517AB.jpg

2012_0517AC.jpg

After I get done with all the welding, I will then buy some quality body filler, and remove the doors one last time, to finish off the seam.

I am wondering how I am going to paint the rockers and door jams without removing the Doors again. Paint won't come till next year in my optimistic mind.

This car isn't going to make the June 10th Don Miller show, but I will be damn if I don't get it to the Subaru City show on the 26th. There isn't gonna be a next year, since the world is coming to an end December 22nd HAHA!

This car isn't going to make the June 10th Don Miller show, but I will be damn if I don't get it to the Subaru City show on the 26th. There isn't gonna be a next year, since the world is coming to an end December 22nd HAHA!

You havent heard the latest on that? they found new Mayan "calendar" calculations that go well beyond the year 3500!!

Newly Discoverd Mayan Calendar goes way beyond 2012

So - no excuses for not having it done for next years DM show!! :lol:

Also, Mayan calender didn't have "Leap Years" in it. We have gone way past the "so-called" End of Days.

I think it's completely correct that the Mayan calendar was designed to run up to the end of the world. It did! The world (from a Mayan perspective) has ended. Since it's a dead civilization, it's the end of the world for them. Done, gone.

But what I don't understand, is why are people in the 21st century reading more into the whole thing than there is?

Get over it, move on.

I think it's completely correct that the Mayan calendar was designed to run up to the end of the world. It did! The world (from a Mayan perspective) has ended. Since it's a dead civilization, it's the end of the world for them. Done, gone.

But what I don't understand, is why are people in the 21st century reading more into the whole thing than there is?

Get over it, move on.

Haha, +1 I am so tired of hearing about the end of days. The only way "Human kind" will end, is if we keep going the way we are going with all the finances, perhaps we might face another economic meltdown, and won't recover like we have. Things will change drastically.

Personally I don't care for politics, as long as I have money in my pocket, and can do what I want to do, I'm alright. If times get tough, I will adapt, but never change.

I also welded on the rocker today!

When I was checking the brakes on the Loyale, I mounted up a Pug/Bighorn from it, to see how it would look/clear.

I think I will stick with the 205/45/16 trailer wheel idea.

2012_0520AA.jpg

2012_0520AB.jpg

2012_0520AC.jpg

My neighbor gave me another huge sheet of 18ga stainless, it still had the Laser protective coating on it which I had to peel off.

I won't need to buy any more metal, thats for sure!

2012_0520AD.jpg

Stainless patch welded in.

2012_0520AH.jpg

2012_0520AI.jpg

I still have more then enough to remake the pinch weld and all the other patch panels I need! How much money in stainless do you think this sheet is?

2012_0520AK.jpg

It might be hard to paint, but it will weld to steel just fine. I had a welder tell me that if you're using gas, just use stainless wire when welding steel. That way your welds won't rust, and you don't have to change spools to weld stainless.

And yea, I agree, that's a pretty expensive sheet of metal there. I think I paid around $40 or $50 for a 3'x4' sheet of steel that size, so stainless is easily double.

Rockers are lookin awesome!!

Total score on the stainless sheet goods! very nice neighbor you have there.

the pug/bighorn doesnt look that bad - sure it looks a little odd at full suspension drop, but I bet with the weight of the car on it, wouldnt look that bad, and would sit in the wheel well a little better.