Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlisle Import Show - East Coast - National event - All Years welcome

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming my repairs go well this weekend I'll be bringing the 84 wagon down. I missed pre registration. But still plan on going. I'm going to be there with my dad, grandfather, and a couple of friends on Friday, and Saturday.

Cool , thats a great effort and having 3 generations , very cool.

:clap:

:headbang:

:rolleyes:

:popcorn:

Friday - We hope to get the yarding done around coal country by 5PM or so and head into Carlisle to camp or cheap motel if nasty out , probably around 7PM. Would be good to have some daylight left. Sunset should be around 8 by then.

Like every year that I go there seems to be no time to work on the car before going.

I've got new fenders and front valance but no time and then there's paint .... I'll be lucky if I get my heads torqued and valves adjusted.

Good luck with yours! ..... All 3 of you. Lol

Yeah , a good year not to go in general , but sometimes I tend to buck the trend. :banghead:

Honestly not so enthused about paying all that gas money but its part of the deal no matter where you want to go. double banghead :horse:

Friday - parts hunting in eastern PA

Saturday - The Show , and head out towards NJ for the night - possibly hitting Harry's on Sunday morning ****they ARE OPEN SUNDAY 8-4 , YES !!

Yeah , a good year not to go in general , but sometimes I tend to buck the trend. :banghead:

Honestly not so enthused about paying all that gas money but its part of the deal no matter where you want to go. double banghead :horse:

Friday - parts hunting in eastern PA

Saturday - The Show , and head out towards NJ for the night - possibly hitting Harry's on Sunday morning ****they ARE OPEN SUNDAY 8-4 , YES !!

I'll be criss-crossing PA and western NY all weekend, but would like to at least meet up with ya for a cup of coffee or a cold pint... Keep this updated with your plans and I'll see what I can do...

Does your cell end *48?

I'll be criss-crossing PA and western NY all weekend, but would like to at least meet up with ya for a cup of coffee or a cold pint... Keep this updated with your plans and I'll see what I can do...

Does your cell end *48?

Yes Dave , same old number. Pretty sure I've still got yours in my phone , even after the punks at the phone joint screwed that up bigtime. Sure would be nice to sit and do nothing but talk for a while. Pint sounds better than coffee right now. :-p

Hey , maybe I can swing by your place?

At this point I'm going for sure , just not sure about taking the old '78.

Paul, any particular place on the show field you guys meet/park as a group? In the "Asian" area someplace or out in general parking? If I can get a master cylinder thrown on my rebuilt Brat by Friday maybe I'll take a ride down. If not maybe I'll bring the kids '84 wagon down (looking to talk someone into doing an EJ swap on it for me!!!). Work 1/2 hour from fairgrounds. Live 90 minutes hours north, drive it everyday.

5539858292_015c40ec12_b.jpg

Edited by ettev

Carlisle Fairgrounds minutes off of I-81 or the PA TPK in Carlisle PA.

Cost to just get in is like $7 or something like that. If you put a car in it would be more but I'm not sure how much.

It starts on Friday at about 7am (gates open) and goes to sunday mid-day. Each day it costs you to enter unless you register a car (the reason we hound people to do this). They divide the cars by country of brand origin so look for the asian area and maybe you will find someone.

That should just about cover it. Have any more questions just ask.

You guys are hard core ! My son and I hope to hit the road before the 6:30 traffic. I'll check in during the day - yard goers ?? , yard report ? Can't help thinking there's something I need down there. Much better area for parts scrounging than up here.

See a good amount of spaces holding classics at the super8? That's usually a minor show in itself.