Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Dynolicious results 93 Loyale FWD

So I subjected hooptie to the Dynolicious ($13 app store or free with installous) tests.

I set his weight at 2700 (say 2400 curb and two 150lb people in the car) and his drivetrain loss at 25% because he is an automatic. I definitely guessed on the drivetrain loss, but from the results I got it seemed about right.

Keep in mind this is an app that uses the built in accelerometers in an ios device to measure G-forces and that's pretty much how it builds it's results, so I took them with a grain of salt. It does have a pretty intensive calibration for you to do before-hand, and from what I've read it is fairly accturate, but it is not a real dyno so it's more for entertaining purposes than straight up detail.

That being said, here are my results! :headbang:

work.jpg

photo.jpg

Max speed: 76.6

Max Acceleration: 0.47g's

Peak Horsepower: 76

Through some brisk curves:

Lateral G's: 0.77

Yep. Blatant power, that EA82. :Flame:

Edited by l75eya

0-70mph in 16sec? LMAO! An EA82? Try more like 25sec to 70mph for the 3.900 3AT :cool:

My 4.11 4EAT EJ22 Legacy gets up to 60mph in about 14sec lol...

I would like to see a video of a take-off with the Loyale, Perhaps yours is faster then mine ;)

Edited by TheLoyale

0-70mph in 16sec? LMAO! An EA82? Try more like 25sec to 70mph for the 3.900 3AT :cool:

My 4.11 4EAT EJ22 Legacy gets up to 60mph in about 14sec lol...

I would like to see a video of a take-off with the Loyale, Perhaps yours is faster then mine ;)

haha, your leggo is a bit heftier though ;)

I took everything out of Ben before the runs, no spare tire, all my tools, he was empty save for me and a passanger and a full tank of gas.

When I time him myself he averages about 16 seconds to 60. I'll try and get a video.

He's pretty swift (for what he is =P ), and very well maintained, though he looks like hell.

Thatd be a cool app, but I figure it does it by GPS?

And somehow it doesnt seem as accurate as a dyno :/ but I guess its fun and Id probably download it once I get the better phone... But license comes first... :headbang:

Ive heard that over 10 seconds is usual for the EA82 to reach 60, auto or manual transmission... But Ill give us some numbers of Ned.. hes a spec N Subaru... super fast.

Keep in mind this is an app that uses the built in accelerometers in an ios device to measure G-forces and that's pretty much how it builds it's results, so I took them with a grain of salt. It does have a pretty intensive calibration for you to do before-hand, and from what I've read it is fairly accturate, but it is not a real dyno so it's more for entertaining purposes than straight up detail.

No GPS.

i had mine dyno'd last year on a mustang dyno, because it was a free opportunity.

2nd gear pulls, (so torque is a tad overinflated, but thats still the actual output when in second gear)

77whp @ 5k

282wtq @3k

that was before i rebuilt it, lifted, 28" tires, custom 2" exhaust, etc.

i could swear that its tons faster than when in full stock form.

i had mine dyno'd last year on a mustang dyno, because it was a free opportunity.

2nd gear pulls, (so torque is a tad overinflated, but thats still the actual output when in second gear)

77whp @ 5k

282wtq @3k

that was before i rebuilt it, lifted, 28" tires, custom 2" exhaust, etc.

i could swear that its tons faster than when in full stock form.

That wtq is waaaay wrong.

I'll have a dyno run done after I get my exhaust and before WCSS14 :brow:

I want an abandoned runway to test out my car's acceleration and top speed.

Wouldn't it be nice to have your own personal abandoned runway? At that, wouldn't it be awesome to get paid to beat the shi* out of very expensive exotic vehicles, be on television, have a blast, and get paid handsomely to do so? haha

Wouldn't it be nice to have your own personal abandoned runway? At that, wouldn't it be awesome to get paid to beat the shi* out of very expensive exotic vehicles, be on television, have a blast, and get paid handsomely to do so? haha

yes.

The FWD 3AT is loads quicker than the 4WD 3AT from my experience.

Yeah, it's pretty dependent on a bunch of things I would assume. The hoops is by no means a turtle, I mean, it takes a *lot* of pedal enthusiasm, but if you need him to move, he moves okay.

He is markedly more swift than my carb'd 5spd 4wd GL. Based on how those two cars feel respectively, I can see how a 5 speed SPFI or MPFI Front wheel drive car would be pretty peppy.

And that's still with a very underpowered engine. I read about these EJ swaps and just think to myself how insane those vehicles must be :headbang: