Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No BS.

btw, wha is the conversion betwween hp and ps? ive been trying to figure out hte hp ratings on japaneese cars in a video game.

I'm sure there is a conversion on the web out there somewhere, but as an example, the 276hp JDM WRXs are rated at 280ps, so the numbers are quite close.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there is a conversion on the web out there somewhere, but as an example, the 276hp JDM WRXs are rated at 280ps, so the numbers are quite close.

Ive always gone with....PS=HP +/- 10...

Edit: OMG!!!!!! Just got the impreza LM race car on GT3....did all the goodies....OMFG THAT THING IS *INSANE*!!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

there's an easy solution: when you see a thread by WJM (or anyone) that you may not like, then don't read the thread. that's what i do with threads that don't interest or concern me.

if you perceive a thread to be problematic, then it is better to comment to a mod in private instead of in the actual thread.

this self promoting thread is getting very old, just let it sink to the bottom. resurrect it if you accomplish it. pls.

Who's self promoting?
will, i'd urge you to ignore this.. it's really not worth an argument..

hah. that's because you've started 75% of them ;)

Yup. But i tend to read 80% of the threads. :-p

i like this thread sofar, besides, if people only posted when they accomplished a great conversion or build up, this forum would be rather dead and boring.
yeah, the nice thing about bench racing is that nobody has to lose!

poor greenbacks, i wish i had some to sacrifice. good luck with our project, mine is going very slow, although i ended up getting some free stuffs today, well, nearly free. got a jdm ver7 sti bov for the cost of lunch and i scored some free wrx shocks and struts. now to find a use for the suspension components.

holy freakin crap, and all this time i didnt read this thread because i thought it was about in-depth car stuff. where did it go wrong?!?!? j/k, i like nearly pointless threads sometimes, its the only place i can post and not sound like an idiot... wait, that just failed. my bad.

I don't think this thread is self-promoting unless Will IS an EA82T... :lol: Anyway, for those that want proof positive of what the engine can or cannot do, someone is making a VERY large order with Peaco in about a weeks time. Dun Dun Dun... :D

Please shed a tear for all the greenbacks that will be sacrificed for this battle, I know I will hehe. As far as I know no one in the states at least has gone this far on an EA82 yet. There is one in Aus. that has just about the same type of thing going, except with a much larger turbo, and he is pushing like over 280hp to the wheels, with an ultra narrow powerband... thats like 400 crank hp or some crazy thing. I think his engine doesn't come alive until 4 grand with that turbo and that is definetly NOT what I wanted to acomplish with mine.

Whos car?

interesting graphs btw, how much crank HP does a turbo legacy have over there??

about the only "bone stock" wrx ive seen to make 160hp is an 03 model,

on AUSubaru, i think the guys name was qikRXturbo, no one shot him down when he said he dyno'd 286 on the old board, although I never saw a dyno graph, so i figured him to be pretty trusted... last i heard the car was up for sale.
yea he's coming on the board soon as i remember to link him hah,

his car was up for sale but its being retuned with a new ECU now so...

PS... 160hp for the turbo legacy???? what the?. they were just shy of 200 here and would be more likely to make 130hp on a chassis dyno, so how the hell are they making that same sorta figure if the cars are 'stock'

you must have weird 4wd dynos over there :-p , or someones pulling a leg with the 160 business

yea he's coming on the board soon as i remember to link him hah,

his car was up for sale but its being retuned with a new ECU now so...

PS... 160hp for the turbo legacy???? what the?. they were just shy of 200 here and would be more likely to make 130hp on a chassis dyno, so how the hell are they making that same sorta figure if the cars are 'stock'

you must have weird 4wd dynos over there :-p , or someones pulling a leg with the 160 business

the factory rating for the legacy turbo's here are 160...and we only got an EJ22G SOHC one here from 91-94....up until 2005 when we nowhave the 250 hp ones...

the factory rating for the legacy turbo's here are 160...and we only got an EJ22G SOHC one here from 91-94....up until 2005 when we nowhave the 250 hp ones...

holy crap ! i had no idea u had any turbo SOHC EJs . I kinda wish we did here then i could turbo my N/A legacy (liberty) simply, without swapping to an EJ20 :D

MOrganM:

thats funny, i accidently ended up on efnets subaru channel the other day, and was talkin to some guy with a wrx. (im normally in #subaru on austnet) , might autojoin on both servers :P