Ultimate Subaru Message Board

286hp EA82T

Quote from QikRXTurbo:

"Here is a list of mods on my RX if you want to have a look anyway. Those photos are about a year old & is the old engine which put out 215whp. Has lots of new parts now but the engine info is up to date.

Let me know what you think :)

http://www.ausubaru.com/ausubaru/ht...=viewtopic&t=24

Engine:

- Freshly built EA82T (3000km's)

- SPS Custom forged pistons (92.5mm)

- Chrome rings

- O-ringed heads/block

- Custom grind cams

- Balanced crank & rods

- New lifters

- Larger valves/springs

- Lots of headwork

- New water pump & radiator

- Electric thermo

- Custom turbo manifold

- RHB52 (VF-8) 18psi

- 3" Core custom bar & plate intercooler approx 650mm x 350mm

- 2.5" Chromed intercooler plumbing

- Turbonetics adaptors

- 3" Mandrel exhaust, single muffler

- 4" Inlet K&N filter

- Stainless oil catch can w/ K&N filer

- Chromed strut brace

- Fully seam welded front end

- Haltech F10x progammable fuel ECU

- AVO Electronic boost controller w/ modified solenoid

- Malpassi adjustable fuel pressure regulator w/ guage

- Bosch Motorsport 044 550hp external fuel pump

- 550cc injectors

- Custom 10mm Top Gun leads

- New distributor

- NGK Iridium plugs

- Boot mounted battery

- Brass button clutch

- Uprated pressure plate

- Lightened flywheel

- Adjustable coil-overs (fr)

- Enkei minilites 13x5's incl spare.

- Bendix Metal King pads

- GT radials

- Momo Corse steering wheel

- Pioneer DEH-P723 CD Player

- Kicker KX3504 4 ch amp

- Pioneer 15" Sub

- Focal Splits

- Autometer 30psi Boost, Water Temp & Oil Press guages"

QuikRXTurbo,

I think you should've posted your info in a new thread. I totally missed the information you posted. At least this makes it easier to find. I hope you don't mind me posting this like this.

engine.jpg

there you guys go, thats the number you should be shooting for.

bet that cost lotsa dollerydoos.

I forgot to post one of the most important things from QikRXTurbo. The 215 figure is the old hp figure.

The car is going back on the dyno within the next few days with my new fuel system which includes Haltech F10x ECU, Bosch 550hp pump & Sard pressure regulator.

It made 286hp on 18psi but was limited by the fuel system so this time 300 at the wheels shouldnt be too hard on 25psi.

Will keep you posted...

Simon

Apparently there's more to come on top of the 286hp figure. Sound interesting? :-p

Why? This is the one here...

f10x1.jpg

When you said three bar sensor, I had a feeling you had a HalTech, since you are in Australia, you should get better service then I did. The long distance calls were killing me, and waiting sometimes a week for a reply to an e-mail. HalTech is a good setup, I just wish there were more people here in the USA using them on Subraus, it would make it easier to set one up.

When you said three bar sensor, I had a feeling you had a HalTech, since you are in Australia, you should get better service then I did. The long distance calls were killing me, and waiting sometimes a week for a reply to an e-mail. HalTech is a good setup, I just wish there were more people here in the USA using them on Subraus, it would make it easier to set one up.

Really? Evertime I have dealt with them, they have always been very fast with service etc. All the bits I ordered off them had arrived the next day. No complaints at all!

They are very popular over here so have no dramas with getting them tuned etc.

Tom, I could've had it crated and shipped for you, I got back from Surfers Paradise about six weeks ago. ;)

That looks like a very nice setup...is it street legal, though? What did you have to do to get a wof?

And where exactly on the coast are you? (I'm going to try to go back within the next year or so)

Tom, I could've had it crated and shipped for you, I got back from Surfers Paradise about six weeks ago. ;)

That looks like a very nice setup...is it street legal, though? What did you have to do to get a wof?

And where exactly on the coast are you? (I'm going to try to go back within the next year or so)

I live in Parkwood & work in Robina which is 5 mins drive from Surfers.

It is street legal BTW, just had the inspection done when I registered it about 2 months ago. Had to take it to the department of transport so they could get the numbers off the new engine but that was it, they didnt even make me start it up (thank god!). Is a bit loud :brow:

What is a wof?

I live in Parkwood & work in Robina which is 5 mins drive from Surfers.

It is street legal BTW, just had the inspection done when I registered it about 2 months ago. Had to take it to the department of transport so they could get the numbers off the new engine but that was it, they didnt even make me start it up (thank god!). Is a bit loud :brow:

What is a wof?

its street legal as long as the foot isn't planted in 2nd gear and its wheelspinning all over the road haha :) . it does look rather amusing

Are not those items in my list as well??? :-p
They are NOW. Weren't you talking about 'stock internals' for the longest time? :rolleyes:

That's why Dr. RX said your list of things to do/get was lacking. He, among others, knows that a list like that one above would be necessary for the results you are looking for. :)

Atleast now there is a working template to draw information from. Should make things easier and cheaper as you'll have less trial and error.

and why pick a fight?
Who's fighting? Have we exchanged harsh words? From here it just looks like a friendly dissagreament. Notice all the :-p and :rolleyes: from us BOTH? WJM doesnt seem to be angry about it or swayed one bit by my, and others, seaminly more realistic approach to the idea. I hope he does it and comes back here for a big fat I TOLD YOU SO :drunk:

JUS KEEP'N IT REAL YO :-p

Who's fighting? Have we exchanged harsh words? From here it just looks like a friendly dissagreament. Notice all the :-p and :rolleyes: from us BOTH? WJM doesnt seem to be angry about it or swayed one bit by my, and others, seaminly more realistic approach to the idea. I hope he does it and comes back here for a big fat I TOLD YOU SO :drunk:

JUS KEEP'N IT REAL YO :-p

I dont really care what anyone says, it can be done, it has been done...I wont be doing it for some time, as I have the RS to play with. Im going to learn alot with susp setups on it and stuff.

I am going to wait for new technology to be created for teh EA82's....in time the MS/DIS stuff will be cheaper and more known, so then it will be more easy to install and tune it. I simply dont ahve the time to screw around with that stuff.

The suspension i can get made professionally and it will be CORRECT. Koni coilovers. The bushings can be had easiy, and lots of other things are compatable with the EJ's, pads/rotors are easy to come by....the rest is a matter of bolt up that has not been explored yet.