Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast-70's-80's-to end of Loyale owners should NOT miss this opportunity

Check the "Meet 'n Greet" forum.You'll see that I'm having an open house this coming weekend-Saturday-maybe Sunday too.

Gang,this is IT.....nearing the end of my workshop.Soon I'll be in a regular old house with a cheesey garage(untill I can build up and out).Stop up and sift through the hundreds of pounds of Subaru parts.A lot of stuff will be free or so cheap you won't even think about gyp'in me down.

Milford Connecticut-230 Woodmont Rd.Super easy to get to.Plenty of food nearby.My place has a bathroom,small fridge,microwave.....open house,make yourself comfy but please consider making yourself useful as well.I'll be accepting help most graciously.All I want to do is move the majority of my floating stuff outside,let you all pick and choose from what I'm not keeping,and help me box and inventory the items I am keeping.

Bring a box for yourself please.Make it a good moving box or something sturdy.Heck,bring a couple of boxes.If anyone has some that they can dump off to me that'd really help a lot.

I'd offer to cook but it's going to be a busy day.I'll just send someone over to the drive-in around the corner.There's almost every type of food you can think of within a mile from me.Indian,Japanese,hotdogs 'n hamburgers,you name it,it's there.

Moderators,please don't move this post.I feel it belongs here because it is an opportunity most older model owners can really take advantage of.Not enough people check the Meet 'n Greet form as well.This should get more folks in tune to the happenings.

Anyone is welcome.Even the guy who ripped me off.I'd love to see you again. :brow:

Doesn't matter who you are,new member,old scumbag,even Miles Fox is welcome. :drunk: Pick up Skip along the way please. :clap:

THIS Saturday!! Email if you need to.

This is it gang.Soon,no more First Subaru Church of the Resurection. :(

I can help ya out on the boxes....already told shipping where I work to save me some decent boxes to bring along....How many you want me to bring???

Plus I was wondering.....How hard is it going to be to "use my girlish charm" and brib.....oops ask for some help on getting that exhaust installed while I am there??? Since mine is hanging on by a thread ..or should I say coat hanger right now;)

lets see if I can tackle all these....

Caleb,too bad you aren't closer. :drunk:

Kevin,the really old stuff stays with me.It'll be a few 70's items that I have extra.But I won't toss the coupe stuff,I'm still working on getting the one I paid for transported.('73)...thanks Pat!

baja-I've got a complete rear from a '75 4WD wagone sitting there. :brow:

Connie,no sweat,I'm sure we'll all help out.

WJM,I've made it from here to Greenboro(?) in 9 hours if that helps....worth the trip from anywhere.

operose-and she's cute too!!! ;)

Anyone seen Dennis around anymore????

Thanks for all your thoughts.Yes,I'm losing my playhouse but I'll have an actual house soon.This high-rise stuff did us good while the kids were small but it's time to go.Kids need grass,the kind you walk on and play on,not a parking lot and having to drive a few blocks to a playground.I'm going to miss the late nights up there but it's all worth it.Life is for the kids now.

Next year I hope to be expanding a garage to suit.I'll be sure to keep the little fridge for beverages....engine crane and tools,might be getting a Bridgeport milling machine from my uncles shop.....geez,I might aspire to be Skip someday!!!I grew up in the machine tool trade and hopefully I'll be able to have a nice set up.If Planning and Zoning gets in my way I'll go mental.I want a big rump roast garage/shop.Only this time it won't be cluttered with Subaru stuff,etc..

OK,now you know my story.

Hope to see you all soon.

Jason,you can email me...I know you can,you've done it before. :rolleyes:

It's the rear diff.attatched by the axles to the rear drums with the suspension sticking up in the air.I can break it down if you need to but I'd prefer to have it go in one piece to someone who doesn't require shipping.

Dave,I was wondering if you were coming up or not.

Everyone,

If it rains feel free to bail out as I don't have room for more than a few people inside,and that's if I can clear some space.If it's a light drizzle I can roll the car out.If it looks like heavier rain let's bag it untill Sunday.

And now for the "if we bag it consolation prize".We can always re-schedule for another Saturday....but soon please!! if you guys can only make it by on a Saturday.Any locals are welcome to come by Sunday.I'll be there and it should be sunny out.But,this is New England so watch the weather channel before you cruise on over from lands afar.

I will be over Sat for sure...I need that exhaust bad!!! Mine is now officially held on with 3 coat hangers....forgot how loud Subs are without any exhaust..figures ..I told it tis morning to hang on for 3 more days and it fell off on my way to work:banghead: .

Plus I want to bring you back the grill..first coat looks NICE!!Going to do a second tomorrow then seal it and shine it all up. Heck if it turns out too nice I will keep it and give you mine:brow: :brow: .

Alaska eh??? hmmmmm.I use Alaskan yellow cedar a lot.Smells like weed when you cut it.I love the smell of it except it'd be better if it was unfertilized female Alaskan yellow cedar.

:brow:

I'd love to live there for a year or two and see what it's really like.

So,I take it you won't be flying in for the event. :o

No rain no rain no rain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early birds....no!!!! :eek:

Actually if I have a good guy like you there.....

I'll probably be there around 9AM the latest,but my reputation would tell folks that means 9:30.

If you're up to it give me a call around 8AM and see how I'm doing getting out of the house.

OK I'm going out for a little bit.Call me if you want or see you tomorrow.